Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Pregnant and Leaving...
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2012 - 10:03PM #1
Strsnvirgo
I am in quite the dilemma...I have been in a toxic relationship for the last two years.  My fiance is an alcoholic and family has also suggested he has some sort of personality disorder.  Regardless, I love him-very much.  I was in the process of leaving him when I discovered I was pregnant.  I went back, hoping to work things out, also hoping with the realization that he would now be responsible for another life, that he would sober out.  This of course was wishful thinking.  I also have an 8 year son from a previous relationship.  One evening, my fiance had a terrible outburst in front of my son and I decided that we deserved better.  The next day, I took him to work, went home and began packing (only the essentials needed to survive, got my son out of school, and took the 2 hour journey to my mother's house.  He begged me to forgive him and promised me he would straighten out.  I agreed to give him another chance, but until the baby is born I would stay with my mother so that I could keep my doctors and keep my son in the same school.  Recently, he got arrested on another DWI and went to jail.  I am terrified of raising my new child alone, but deep down I know it is the right thing to do.
 Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2012 - 11:41AM #2
Paragatekeeper1

You did the right thing.  When people with addictions cannot control their cravings and obsessions and yet too, want to keep what they want the most, it ends up in separation, divorce or jail, and institutions.  U did the right thing.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook