Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Was divorce a mistake?
5 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2012 - 1:33PM #1
southernpeach
After years of being in a marraiage that we were not happy in my ex and I got a divorce this year it was offical in May. We share joint custody of our daughter, so we frequently talk and have to see each other. There was lies and cheating involved in the end of our marriage, he wanted the divorce because he could not deal with what he had done, even though I was willing to try to work it out. So I call myself moving on and starting a new life or trying to, but I am starting to wonder if either one of us is moving on. The reason I say this is it is good to be friends with your ex for your kids sake but we are real close. We just about talk everyday, and not about just our kid, we talk about what is going on with our familes, friends, jobs, finaces, my school. We are like best friends. We often lend each other money if needed, and if there something I need fix he would come over to fix it.  A couple Saturdays ago my truck broke down and we spent the whole day working on it. He is living with a woman that used to be a mutual friend of ours that he was helping out when her husband started beating her, but he has told me once she gets her divorce they will more than likely become a couple themselves. That has really brought up a lot of emotions. I like her, I trust her with my kid which is important and I know she not trying to take my place as a mother. But it hurts that he got out our marriage and walked into a ready made family. What also hurts is he is going things for her that he never did for me and it hurts. I do not want him back, I know I deserve a man that will treat me the way I deserve. I have not really had time to date since the divorce and I do not know if I am really ready. This morning I was upset and when he saw me he could tell. He asked what was wrong and I told him nothing and he told me I was lieing. He still can read me. At first I thought maybe it was me just wanting him back, but I have noticed lately he is the one doing the calling and every time I am around him and the woman that she often walks away. I wonder if she sees something is still there between us and if it is really something still there. I am starting to wonder if the divorce was the right thing. Does anyone else have this close of a relationship with their ex? Should I put more distance between us? I have started to wonder if we keep this closeness up will I ever find another man that would understand?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2012 - 1:04AM #2
Estacia

I have been in your shoes.

Filed for divorce,

Good terms for the kids,

Talk...

Got back together.

BIGGEST MISTAKE!!!

When you live agian with that person, you relive your life.

It's hard not to.

Take care of you first. Give yourself atlest one year of being you before you date anyone agian.

God Bless you and your journey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2012 - 5:51AM #3
Ksushil970

Aug 28, 2012 -- 1:04AM, Estacia wrote:

I have been in your shoes.

Filed for divorce,

Good terms for the kids,

Talk...

Got back together.

BIGGEST MISTAKE!!!

When you live agian with that person, you relive your life.

It's hard not to.

Take care of you first. Give yourself atlest one year of being you before you date anyone agian.

God Bless you and your journey.

Try moving on as this will lead you to a better life and you can work things out by atleast being  isolated for a while. Just give it a try and you will get the best.

Love Marriage Solution

Love Marriage Solution
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook