Switch to Forum Live View Pray for a broken relationship
2 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 9:40PM #1
Blessedj85
I am 27 and I have been in a relationship with a man I love deeply and admire for the last 3 years. A month ago, things started becoming weird between us. We have a long-distance relationship but I've been to visit him twice.
Things just ended abruptly 3 days ago. But we both are going to pray for this to be built up again. Both of us love each other still.
Please please pray that Chris and I will be brought together. We are stronger and at each other's best when we are together.
Thank you!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 12:34AM #2
REteach

Blessed, I find God answers my prayers best when I ask for God's will to be done, not mine.  Maybe you ought to be asking for the strength and wisdom you will need to either repair this relationship or go on without him.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:43PM #3
SatanicStalker

Or, instead of asking for someone else (God) to fix your relationship, you could work to fix it yourselves. Just a thought. 

If prayer helps you to accomplish this, then by all means do it. But there is no substitute for hard work and personal responsibility. Relationships take a lot of both. 

Personally, I think this "bowing to the will of God" thing is often just used as a cop out; it allows people who are not ready to work their asses off for what they want to put the blame for their own unhappiness elsewhere. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook