Switch to Forum Live View Why are all these threads about cheating?
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 6:53AM #1
Ladybear1
I don't get this.  I come to look for a community supporting marriage and I find a community that talks about nothing but cheating, separation and divorce.  Where's the Christianity in this?  Does anyone take thier vows seriously? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 31, 2012 - 11:06AM #2
REteach

I have.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 12:04AM #3
SatanicStalker

It's one of the reasons I don't frequent this board all that much anymore. I think the problem is that those who are happy and secure tend to like to talk about their happy relationships, but not nearly to the extent that people in problematic situations want/need to talk about their troubled relationships. Threads to the extent of "This is what my happy marriage is like, and I love it, isn't it grand?" tend not to inspire long, well thought out responses. That is, the initial post may be nice to read, but the following discussion is usually quite boring. "That's great... good for you!... Congratulations!" etc. So, as a result, they tend to slip down the line, whereas the posts about more controversial topics such as cheating tend to lead to discussion. Thus, they stay towards the top. 

There are plenty of people here who value marriage and committment and have good, healthy, stable relationships... they just tend to respond to threads more than start them, I think. 

Also, this is not really a Christian discussion board, but rather a board for people of all religions as well as those with no religion. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 6:45PM #4
Anniesheart2

We do support marriage. Its just that the other spouse doesn't always do so. If you look at a lot of the posts, so many of the people do support marriage, and are trying to keep their marriage going through the trials of ups and downs faced anyone in a marriage. Not just cheating, but financial woes, loss of family, the stress of raising a family, and so much more.

This posting happens to for adultery, and I myself have found what Reteach and some others had to say helped me in my marriage. So, I consider that to be support of marriage. If that is not, I am not sure what you are looking for.

I have taken my vows seriously, going on 24 years this year married, and through lots of ups and many downs. Today, I believe my marriage is stronger than it was a year ago by so much.

Why don't you start a thread of what it is that you would like to discuss?

ReTeach, its been 13 months 15 days, and things are going really well. It seems as if my finding out relieved him of so much baggage, he is such a different person. Thanks for all your advice. I have definately learned so much about me throughout this time that I have really grown and realized what I did bring into this marriage, and now what I am getting out of it is great. I have learned that so much of what you have said when applyed really helps out, and I just want to thank you again.

Anniesheart2
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 7:45PM #5
REteach

Awesome, Annie, way to go!!  Almost our 34th anniversary.  :)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook