Switch to Forum Live View EX girlfriend issues--Not the typical case
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 10:21AM #1
Gabz123

h

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 8:55PM #2
REteach

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. When you find yourself thinking about her, just stop it.  Force yourself to think of something else. And keep doing it.  You keep doing what you say you are doing and you are probably going to eventually drive him away.  Just drop it. He chose you.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 15, 2011 - 8:56PM #3
Hatman
i suspect that you still have some maturing to do(but we all do, in one way or another).
After all, you dumped HIM back in the day, and he moved on.  What did you expect him to do, whine and pine away for you 'til you got damn good and ready to MAYBE come back?

So now, he has a past with her(and others), and you need to get over it or git...down the road.

EVERYone has a past.  Do you think he's obsessing over you having sex (or doing whatever else) with your ex-bf's?  Do you think he's wasting a minute saying to himself, "Well, they used to love to go to movies together(or whatever), so now i hate movies forever"? 

Not if he has a brain in his head, he ain't.

But perhaps you need to learn a bit more about what real love is all about.  If you're interested in being more mature in your choices, you may find the story at this link to be of some small interest:

leb.net/~mira/works/spirits/spiritsr.htm...

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 18, 2011 - 9:38AM #4
Mostyn32

Hatman is right - you've got some growing up to do. You seem to equate sex with love.

My advice: stop expecting your relationship with him to be perfect - there's no such thing - and take a good long look at yourself. You need to change your attitude or you won't ever be happy with this fellow.

In other words, grow up and stop expecting life and love to be like a Harlequin Romance! 

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook