3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 4:15PM #1
Laurann06
I am a 23 year old single mother of a 3 year old girl. I am hard working (although not employed at this moment) physically and mentally, I am still going to College and I take pride in my motherly instincts. In the past few months I have broken away from my old relationship (not my daughters father) and now I am single.

I am not taking it too well, in fact I have little hope that I will find a decent guy to partner with. By decent I mean a man with a real job and always looking to improve himself.

Wondering if anyone else feels the same way or has some hope to shed on my view?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2011 - 9:04PM #2
Hatman

By decent I mean a man with a real job and always looking to improve himself.

Oh, brother.

What i hear in the unspoken subtext is that YOU get to decide what is or is not a "real" job, just as YOU get to decide just WHAT he "needs" to do to "improve himself."

Feel free to correct me if my impression is wrong...

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 4:00PM #3
Bezant

You seem keen to get a move on to someone new. I wouldn't recommend you move too quickly, from what you're saying.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 28, 2011 - 7:05PM #4
Leolotus

I was single for about 10 years before I met my partner.  I dated quite extensively during that time so believe me I understand a bit about relationships.

When you feel disheartened about men and relationships and feel you may never meet anyone it is the time to be by yourself and nuture yourself NOT to rush into a new relationship.

That whole desperation thing you bring into the relationship when you are in that place usually means the relationship is doomed anyways.

Much better to get along with your life and start doing some of the things that make you and your child happy.  That energy tends to attract the right sort of partner naturally anyway.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook