Switch to Forum Live View A theory about lasting marriages
3 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2011 - 7:39PM #1
SatanicStalker

I just read this article, and although I'm young and not actually married yet, I think it is 100% true. 

www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/weekinreview/...

As far as I'm concerned, my boyfriend of 6 years and I have one of the best, healthiest, happiest relationships of anyone I know. In trying to determine and articulate why, I've often before said things very similar to the theory put forth in this article. I wasn't a boring person to begin with, but with him I've become so much more interesting and rounded of a person. There are so many things that I've learned and experienced because of my time with him that I doubt I ever would have otherwise. He inspires me to new and varied experiences, he teaches me new skills and new mindsets, and pushes me to be better at the skills and talents I already had. I'm a more confident and competent person as a result. I like to think he could say the same of me. 

Any other thoughts on this article?

~Stalker

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2011 - 8:06PM #2
Hatman
One thought immediately occurred to me: most men roundly despise relationship quizzes.  *grin*

Not me, though.

i learned a great deal, and have filed both the article and the quiz away for future reference and reflection, as well as to assist others who may have an interest.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 16, 2011 - 4:27PM #3
Anesis

Additional research suggests that spouses eventually adopt the traits of  the other — and become slower to distinguish differences between them,  or slower to remember which skills belong to which  spouse.

It is amazing to me that research today supports what Scripture already taught us....that in marriage, the two become one...

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook