Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Dating someone who is separated
4 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2011 - 5:00PM #11
Hatman

Feb 23, 2011 -- 5:45AM, Ethelq5 wrote:

I am separated...does this mean I can't date?

You're free to do whatever you like, but there are consequences.  You can rob a store, beat someone with a baseball bat, engage in fraud, anything you like---if you're ready to pay the price for your actions.

Adultery is very much akin to robbery, assault, or fraud.  Do it if you want, but be prepared for what naturally follows from it.

Is "dating" adultery?

You tell me.  If your husband dates, are you ok with it?  If your mother dates someone not her husband, are you ok with that?  What about if your dad goes and dates other women; think your mom would say, 'Yeah, sure, do whatever you like'?

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 25, 2011 - 8:41PM #12
REteach

Feb 23, 2011 -- 5:45AM, Ethelq5 wrote:

I am separated...does this mean I can't date?

If someone dates you and falls in love and you decide to go back to your spouse and dump them, then I think the outcome is what can be expected dating someone who is married.  If you don't want to be married, why are you?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2011 - 1:01PM #13
Ladyghosthunter

Here is my opinion and only my opinion...

Until you are done and healed from all of the hurt and disappointment from your failed marriage, I would not start dating. Meeting people is okay but in my case, I'm not going to date nor am I going to start seeing anyone until I've reconnected myself with my faith and straightened up my life...

Heather

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2011 - 10:53AM #14
voice-crying

Dec 8, 2010 -- 6:37PM, onthewire2010 wrote:

I've let myself get involved with a man who is recently separated and loves his wife very much even though there are alot of issues.  After finding out I exist, his wife has since "changed her mind" and wants to try to work things out.  He realized he needs to be alone for awhile and is very confused about everything naturally.  States hes afraid of making the biggest mistake of his life possibly giving me up and continueing in a marriage that might not be the best.  There is a child involved who wants them to get couseling and he's going to do that.  I told him I'd be here for him, and would be patient while he tries to figure out whats best for him. But, at this point I feel I need to let it go.  I've become very attached and believe he will end up reconciling with his wife. He needs me to be a friend, but I don't think I can do that without getting further attached even if that means I lose the possibility of him and I working out.  Is that selfish or just realistic?  At best I'd be 2nd place for a long time.... I brought this hurt on myself but now I feel like I need a damn support group. 

Tell him to do whatever he thinks he needs to do, but to not bother you again unless he has his divorce papers in his hand. 

"Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."Proverbs 18:21
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 4:12PM #15
astral_tourist

I was separated for four years before my divorce became final. I dated during most of that time. For me, the separation was not to sort things out for myself and eventually reconcile with my wife. It was to try to get my things in order as I prepared for the divorce. I took too long mostly because I was busy dating and living my newly acquired single-life. The women whom I dated knew the status of my separation...I had my own house, furniture, etc. and I was not in communication with my estranged wife, except when necessary for child visitation. I never wanted to get back together. By the time I separated, I had enough of her. Your case is different. he is telling you he is still in love...it actually sounds like he and his wife are reconciling. You are very wise and mature for ending the relationship. There are scores of good people out there who are available now...Good luck to you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 3:37PM #16
Hatman
LL-
It's not just women; men do similarly.  It's a flaw in human nature, i believe, that we want most what we can't have.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook