4 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2010 - 4:13PM #1
Anesis

I had coffee with a friend this morning who disclosed to me her intentions for dating. She is looking for someone to pay off her student debts and be rich enough that she never has to work. Love is not part of the equation. She told me about her latest - he is not as wealthy as she wants, but they do get along well and enjoy a few of the same activities. She is going to keep the door open for someone richer, but in the meantime, she found this fellow who is going to start giving her some money every month, and I asked why....she said it is for companionship and sex.

Sometimes it's hard to keep my judgements to myself, but I managed to make no comment. Still, I left there thinking that it sounded more like prostitution than anything else. He is paying her for companionship and sex until she finds someone richer. Is this what dating is about for some people? Don't they see it as some mild form of prostitution? Or am I crazy to think it is?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2010 - 4:49PM #2
Bezant

Aug 25, 2010 -- 4:13PM, Anesis wrote:

I had coffee with a friend this morning who disclosed to me her intentions for dating. She is looking for someone to pay off her student debts and be rich enough that she never has to work. Love is not part of the equation. She told me about her latest - he is not as wealthy as she wants, but they do get along well and enjoy a few of the same activities. She is going to keep the door open for someone richer, but in the meantime, she found this fellow who is going to start giving her some money every month, and I asked why....she said it is for companionship and sex.

Sometimes it's hard to keep my judgements to myself, but I managed to make no comment. Still, I left there thinking that it sounded more like prostitution than anything else. He is paying her for companionship and sex until she finds someone richer. Is this what dating is about for some people? Don't they see it as some mild form of prostitution? Or am I crazy to think it is?

Hello Anesis

Rank. 'Specially the monthly installment bit. This is a shallow person. She had to get someone to pay to be friends with her. You didn't waste your breath talking her out of it. No man's buying her sex and "friendship" when she ages like Marlon Brando; everybody has a shelf life, and when she reaches that ditch she'll learn.

Yeah, this is just the "clean-edit" version of De Wallen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2010 - 8:36PM #3
Hatman
Anesis-
Gotta admire both your restraint and your tact.

Had it been me in that conversation, i might've done the literal double-take head-bob, then asked, "Ok, let me see if i understand you:  you are hoping to marry someone rich enough to take care of you forever, and in the meantime, you're getting paid for companionship and sex.  Don't the police have a name for that sort of thing?  What do those dang judges call that, again?"

But wow. Oy.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook