Post Reply
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Trying to cope with guilt - Christians living together...
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 1:50PM #31
rachel219
Posts: 30

"You have somehow gotten the impression that you "need" to get your emotions "under control." I'm not sure what that might look like, since emotions and feelings are neither right nor wrong, they just are. In fact it is quite impossible for anyone to get them "under control" since they are spontaneous - nobody can simply choose to feel something they don't, nor can they not feel something they do. In fact, the most effective path a couple can take that leads to deeper intimacy is precisely the sharing of feelings, especially difficult ones.

There is a difference between feelings and actions. What you feel is inside you, and affects only you. How you act and what you say is more of a choice, and definitely affects others. Perhaps what is so uncomfortable with your fiance is not so much the emotions themselves, but the way in which they are expressed"  ~ ArnieBeeGut


Arnie,


Your response is so thought-provoking.  It touched me deeply.  I have never really thought of this the way you have expressed it.  Yes, you are right on when you said that last statement. He has said almost the very same thing. 


"Blaming, criticism, and accusations are behaviors that are often done when there are strong uncomfortable feelings. Rather than getting the feelings "under control" what is being suggested is that they be expressed in a manner that is easier to hear. Nobody likes to be criticized - and nobody likes to be blamed for how another person feels. Perhaps this is how he experiences it. What if you learned to express your feelings in a way that does not criticize or blame" ~ ArnieBeeGut


As far as blaming and criticising, that's his department.  I don't do that.  I only respond to the comments he makes to me that he knows are unkind and will further incite more emotionalism from me (at least that is how it has been) because he knows what can hurt me. 


What I will blame (if that is the appropriate word), is that to try and use my emotions against me is wrong. 


While it is wrong to do that, that doesn't always stop the temptation to do so, especially if the other person feels that is a weapon they can use to defend themselves. 


And herein presents another issue, why do we both feel we have to defend and protect ourselves?  What is going on in this relationship?  I believe it's insecurity on both of our parts, though my fiance will never admit to any kind of insecurity when it comes to something like this.  It's in situations like this where I believe trust has not been established.  He has never shared with me any real insecurities.  I am beginning to think it's because he doesn't want to expose anything to me that I could use against him, which I wouldn't and haven't done with any personal information he has chosen to share with me.  I don't go "there".  But he has with me.  I never thought my man would do that to me, especially after I TELL him my vulnerabilities because I want the intimacy and trust.


Let him tell it, he is not insecure about anything.  I almost don't know how relate to him.  I thought everybody had insecurities and thereby would want to understand each other.


" I do read a lot of self-criticism in what has been expressed so far. That is of course where it all starts. Since you cannot change him, only yourself, where you might consider starting is with the inner critic that is beating you up. This is where all the self-judgment comes from, and perhaps what causes the reactions to uncomfortable feelings to cause difficulties in the relationship.


This was very enlightening and very true.  I never thought of it this way.  I do judge myself alot.  I thought that is what Christians are supposed to do.  "Examine yourself", "Work out your own soul salvation with fear and trembling", "Take the pole out your eye before trying to take one out of someone else's"  "Don't think more highly of yourself than you ought to think" etc., etc.


I thought I was supposed to check myself and judge myself.  Isn't this being "to thine ownself be true"?  That has always been my motto.  I don't want to fool myself.  I want to be honest with myself and understand why I act the way I do.  I don't want to be a person that nobody wants to be around because I'm so sensitive to what people think of  me  -- especially people that matter to me.  I'm always wondering what people are thinking of me, and most times, those thoughts come to me when the reaction I get from them is one of disapproval.  Recieving mean looks from people when I dont even know them, people refusing to smile when you smile at them (I always heard a smile is the hardest thing to resist, but I've encountered people who not can resist it, but insult it!), a disappointed look on the interviewer face because you are not 20- or 30-something. 


I'll tell you, sometimes I really feel that I need to get away from this for a little while and get refreshed or given the opportunity get a hold of myself and become comfortable and confident in myself so as not to allow negative influences either from myself or others throw me off kilter and I never progress.


Sometimes I think I should have not stopped myself from dating all these years.  I'm so behind for my age.  You'd expect a woman my age would be more mature and in more control and more assertive.  Sometimes that is yet another negative force that plays on my soul.  My fiance is a grown man and has either had more personal experience in relationships or been exposed to more in his life than I have.  I've been living in my own gilded cage -- just me and God and my kids.  I didn't watch much TV, my spare time was spent on my computer (for my job), talking to prayer partners, spending quality time with my kids, and fellowshipping with the Lord via internet services, CDs and books.  I didn't date or express any interest in it because I felt my family needed me more and I wanted to give them everything I could.  Time for dating and experiencing life with a man would come later on.


Now at my age, I've found myself with the dating mentality of a novice.  Of a 20-something in a 40+ body.  No wonder my fiance looks at me peculiar sometimes.  I've been out of the game and I don't know now to play.  My approach is a theory that may have worked in a clinical trial or in another era or in la-la land, because it just isn't reality all the time.  While I understand there is no perfect person, I want to believe that there is, but that's unreal.


"spontaneous - nobody can simply choose to feel something they don't, nor can they not feel something they do" ~ArnieBeeGut


I will remember this.  Insigtful and gives me good understanding and relieves the self-condemnation I have imposed on myself.


Arnie, thank you for your words.  I am so encouraged right now from all responses.


God Bless you ALL


stay tuned...


~ Rachel


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 5:46PM #32
rachel219
Posts: 30

Everyone,


I want to thank all who have posted. I come here seeking spiritual and practical help from a community of believers.  I'm not seeking anyone to take sides but to help me see what I am doing that is counter-productive and give you as much information about his viewpoint as possible, so you can make intelligent suggestions based on your own experiences or experiences you have learned by association, your fellowship with God Almighty, what you have read about, received through counseling, etc.  The advice given so far has been so helpful and I want you all to know that I truly appreciate what you have said and will continue to share with me.


Thank you all again and God Bless each of you.


~ Rachel

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 7:06PM #33
Hatman
Posts: 9,634
Rachel-
i'm certain that Arnie will speak to the issue much better than i can, but the "inner critic" can sometimes be a harsh master.

One thing i learned through contemplative prayer(aka meditation) was that i could sortof get out of myself, and look at myself and my life as if i was looking at that of a stranger, albeit a stranger that was well-loved.  What kind of loving advice would i give this stranger?

The inner critic just yells at you for how stupid/clumsy/ugly/unwanted/unloved, etc., you are.
Tell him or her to shut up, because she doesn't really love you. 

Alternatively, say to your inner critic, "Ok, maybe i AM ugly(stupid, clumsy, insecure, blah-blah-blah), but until you can give me some POSITIVE ADVICE ABOUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT, shut up."

IOW, you can turn the nagging, condemnatory inner voice into a friend by simply refusing to pay any attention whatsoever to negative self-talk UNLESS that talk is also accompanied by SOLUTIONS.

Also, you could pray that our Heavenly Father dispatch counseling angels for you, too, and/or let your own guardian angel see His Face(my current understanding is that Holy angels receive their nourishment by beholding His Face), along with your prayer that your angel also be given helpful advice for you.

Hope some of that helps.

i'm tellin' ya, it shore worked for me!  Especially as a teenager, i had a LOT of negative self-talk.  What helped to turn things around for me was to first, become aware of it.  Next, whenever i "heard" myself talkin' smack about me, i had to re-write and choose to hear those words differently---flip the script, so to speak.

Substitute some great self-talk, instead.  Oftentimes, using a mirror to do so is extremely effective.  In Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich," this is one of the first exercises he was given to do, to go and tell himself what he wanted and wanted to be as if it was true already, first thing on awakening, and last thing before going to sleep, and he had to do it every day for a week before he was allowed to go back to his mentor.  He said he felt incredibly stupid doing this---but it WORKED!

Curiously, Christ says nearly the same thing when He gives a key to the Kingdom:  "Whatever you pray for, BELIEVE YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT, and you will."

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 7:45PM #34
natureboy_the0
Posts: 1,741

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

natureboy_the0,


Thank you for your enlightening response. 


You have such an open mind.  You are right about that I should let go and let God lead my life.  I just felt that I messed up and am limiting God to work.  I used to pray alot and fellowship with God more.  Since I've been with my fiance, that has decreased drastically and hasn't been easy to back to that place.  Mainly because of what I keep telling myself.  "You're wrong to be living with him.  God can't really do as much as He'd like to for you because of this sin."  Etc. etc.


Rachel, 


How well I understand, you are basing your understanding on religious doctrine when Isaiah 28:9 say "Whom shall he [I AM] teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk [religious teachings], and drawn from the breasts [religious teachers]." Fellowshipping with "god" isn't fellowshipping with other man, per say, it's learning to hear you inner voice, the one civilization say is evil because it usually tells us to do the opposite of what we're taught by the world, and obeying it.   However, we have to have it teach us how to comprehend what it say.


Example.  In Iowa a girl friend of mine slit her wrist and was hospitalized because the voice told her to kill herself.  There are two concepts for killing, one is to discarnate and the other is to have so complete a personality change that those who knew you does not recognize who you are.  That's what the "new creation" we becomes is once "born again."  Once I explained those two concepts she realized her error and sought to correct it [I left a few months later so I don't know the final outcome]. 


Since Jesus said "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" in Matthew 7:14, we must realize our fellowship with god is an alone one.  The same is true as we read the story of Enoch (Genesis 5:21-24).  But, so long as the voice hasn't told you to follow Matthew 19:29, just keep your hand open, your husband may be the first to be so instructed and you left alone at home to fellowship with god.


Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

So much self-condemnation. My fiance doesn't see it like that.  He says he gives thanks to God for what we have and the God knows the intent of our hearts.  He asks God for forgiveness and receives it and continues to give thanks and be grateful to God.  He told me that gives him peace and well being.  I never looked at that way.  I guess I looked at it in the negative sense.  If I perhaps would have looked at it in the way that he does, I wouldn't have  this self-hatred thing going on.



And you are correct, had you looked at it that way you would not have had the doubt, however, that was something you needed to experience.  But, being you may be beginning to think like him, you may find no sexual desire toward him although you will have magnificent agreements in your conversations. 


That is what Genesis 2:21-24 means.  Your attractions to each, especially sexual, is because of your internal opposite natures pulling through the flesh creates positive to negative attraction manifesting as sexual urges and love.  For both of you to become man again you must each develop in yourselves the nature which is in the other then integrate it into your flesh.  So, if you do begin to think as he does, rejoice in the fellowship but don't expect much sexually. 


Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

My insecurity comes from the fact that I have experienced men that I greatly admired ... cheat on their wives.  I felt like can any man be faithful to one woman for the rest of his life with so much being thrown in his face?  And if it's as simple as asking for forgiveness and saying "well, God understands..." when they are unfaithful, then what's to restrain them really?


What few of us realize when man were pre-Adam and before "the sons of god married the daughters of man" leading to the flood, there wasn't marriage, mating was only for procreation (Daniel 4:33) done once every 13 years.  The mother raised the child alone with a telepathic link to come to its rescue if needed and the child learned the abilities Jesus demonstrated that way.  Cheating husbands and wives are because that suppressed nature is coming forth and, due to sex for pleasure, it threatens one of civilization's foundations, marriage.  Cheaters have always been, wives with milk, mail and others with opposite natures coming by the house when the husband was gone, and husbands with other girls of their opposite natures where there was no other around.  It is only now been done openly. 


.

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

Again, there's two sides to every story.  I came to this forum to express myself as honestly as I could so that I could possibly receive help if/when my thinking is wrong.  Every response I have gotten has been given with care.  I appreciate that more than I can express.  I don't want to continue doing the wrong thing or missing the mark or blowing an opportunity to be a light and have light given to me.


Rachel



There aren't any wrong things, everything is karma [reaping and sowing] controlled by reincarnation.  Here is how it works. 


Man usually say creation when talking about the zeroverse (universe) requiring  a maker to achieve, if we call it existence we are saying “it always was, is, and shall be” eliminating the need of a maker. So, how does one explain existence or is it comprehensible?


Existence is a group of individual entities which, without ever ceasing, continues through a process of learning and unlearning the whole of itself in every minute detail, by various processes. The following explains how.

The zeroverse is a sphere with a center ball like the middle of an onion and layered upon layer until reaching the outer skin. The center ball and layers are like a honeycomb with unnumberable cells, each representing an entity, genders (where required), personality and characteristic of it, on the center ball. On the layers the cells represent required learning experiences.

On the center ball (earth being one) the energy, ghost or lifeforce (mind included) migrates through each cell of every entity type thereon by means of reincarnating. The host cell embeds the knowledge required to be comprehended into the ghost while reincarnation provides a barrier preventing the knowledge retained in one cell from being remembered when in another until incarnating for evolving to the next layer or plane. That is done because earth is a plane of duality and all life interacts with many other lifes causing what is called karma or the reaping and sowing effect requiring each ghost to experience ever act and emotion they caused to all other beings, and having the memory they could not experience them.

What happens in the cell where the being (not only a ghost now) evolves to the next plane is the metamorphosis, like the caterpillar becoming a butterfly. The caterpillar weaves a cocoon and, with the cocoon included, is transformed into the butterfly, thus, the broken down barriers preventing memories of the different cells from being carried into another also becomes the body of the metamorphosed being, on earth are man [mind able to comprehend all things].

Because the barriers were transparent the man eventually become transparent to any other man but with the ability to vibrate at a frequency to allow man to see them as what is termed holy ghost (a man able to function as a man or ghost) and angel. Those man will also remember the languages of every entity type it has evolved through thus, being able to communicate in any language as if schooled in it, Christianity's speaking in tongues.

On each subsequent plane, except as the outer skin, the metamorphosis is how man migrate through the cells thereon, all memories are carried into the next cell. In this way
the entity learn every minute detail of existence, but when entities gets to the outer skin the bodies breaks down to cause the memory to be forgotten.

However, on the outer skin one being is required to become the ghost of all existence when the zeroverse, like the Phoenix, dissolves into only ethers and out of those ashes is made to rises again by a different ghost. Therefore, there is a sequence, I call timelines, every ghost follows and are numbered so no ghost will bring existence into being prior to every ghost having done it.

 

 





Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2010 - 9:03PM #35
ArnieBeeGut
Posts: 1,407

I hope it's okay to address your responses to others...

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

I just felt that I messed up and am limiting God to work.  I used to pray alot and fellowship with God more.  Since I've been with my fiance, that has decreased drastically and hasn't been easy to back to that place.  Mainly because of what I keep telling myself.  "You're wrong to be living with him.  God can't really do as much as He'd like to for you because of this sin."  Etc. etc.


Rachel, perhaps you feel that it is impossible for you to be forgiven.

Are you familiar with the Samaritan woman at the well [John 4:1-42]? Notice the extent to which the fact that she is living out of wedlock is (not) a factor in their encounter and in how Jesus reveals himself to her.

Aug 5, 2010 -- 12:59PM, rachel219 wrote:

My insecurity comes from the fact that I have experienced men that I greatly admired ... cheat on their wives.  I felt like can any man be faithful to one woman for the rest of his life with so much being thrown in his face?  And if it's as simple as asking for forgiveness and saying "well, God understands..." when they are unfaithful, then what's to restrain them really?


Perhaps part of you is afraid to commit fully because of fear that your fiance will in fact cheat - and perhaps the reality shows exhibiting female skin was perceived as evidence of that possibility. Remember that there is a huge difference between being forgiven of one's sins and being forgiven in one's sins! It is true that forgiveness is of God - and keep in mind that forgiveness is not the same as reconciliation. In other words, if you had a partner who cheated, then forgiving him would not necessarily mean you had to stay with him.

Whether intended or not, your fiance has indicated that sometimes the words are received by him as criticizing or blameful. What can help in such situations is to be curious about the message he received and whether it was what was intended. It's difficult without concrete examples - perhaps you would be willing to share some of the words that proved to be problematic.

Aug 5, 2010 -- 1:50PM, rachel219 wrote:

why do we both feel we have to defend and protect ourselves?  What is going on in this relationship?  I believe it's insecurity on both of our parts, though my fiance will never admit to any kind of insecurity when it comes to something like this.


You are quite right that everyone has insecurities of some kind or other. Keep in mind that it is very difficult for most people to admit those to another, especially a partner. You may have to be content with simply knowing that is the case. Again, an attitude of curiosity about where he is coming from rather than a reactive one can go a long way in making a dialogue more productive, even when there are uncomfortable feelings present.

Aug 5, 2010 -- 1:50PM, rachel219 wrote:

I do judge myself alot.  I thought that is what Christians are supposed to do.


This is true - that many Christians believe this. I find it sad, since that is certainly not the Good News of Christ. Judgment is God's, not man's. You are as God created you - and God does not make junk! Those who adopt a judgmental, critical approach have missed the point, regardless of what they may call themselves. That is sad too, and they are desrving of compassion for the pain that is experienced inside that  causes it.

Hatman is quite spot-on in his post! (And the Napoleon Hill book is an excellent read btw). Meditation and contemplative prayer are excellent tools for getting in touch with your divine and inherent goodness.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2010 - 10:49AM #36
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Hello Rachel and welcome to this area of Beliefnet. I would like to request that you do something hard, go back an reread your post about your fiancé is this the way you wish your spouse to envoke you to feel? Now some will argue with the concept that one partner in life can cause you to feel anything, and suggest that your feelings are all about you, and the past wrongs you have endured from your parents, and brothers and sisters.... Please look at how your in your words causes you to feel, is this really the way you want to feel? Also have you ever hear the concept that you can't buy love? It seemsg to me that you are into buying love... You are giving your partner sex in order that he does not look at other women.... That would not make me feel good, and I doubt that it really makes you feel good......

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 8:54AM #37
rachel219
Posts: 30

Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:06PM, Hatman wrote:

What kind of loving advice would i give this stranger?


The inner critic just yells at you for how stupid/clumsy/ugly/unwanted/unloved, etc., you are. Tell him or her to shut up, because she doesn't really love you. Alternatively, say to your inner critic, "Ok, maybe i AM ugly(stupid, clumsy, insecure, blah-blah-blah), but until you can give me some POSITIVE ADVICE ABOUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT, shut up."




Hatman, this is such good advice.  Thank you.  I've never thought of  this.  I will try to remember to do just what you advise -- especially that last part. 


Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:06PM, Hatman wrote:

IOW, you can turn the nagging, condemnatory inner voice into a friend by simply refusing to pay any attention whatsoever to negative self-talk UNLESS that talk is also accompanied by SOLUTIONS.



So true.  I will have to will myself to create this new habit.  It's very constructive and my behavior has been destructive, hasn't it?


Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:06PM, Hatman wrote:

Also, you could pray that our Heavenly Father dispatch counseling angels for you, too, and/or let your own guardian angel see His Face(my current understanding is that Holy angels receive their nourishment by beholding His Face), along with your prayer that your angel also be given helpful advice for you.



Hatman, I am so glad I was lead to this forum.  You (and all of you) may not realize what help you have given to me. I'd forgotten about the ministry of angels.  It seems that now that you have said it, I've received a pamphlet in the mail about angels and what their purpose is in our lives.  I believe that is confirmation from God that you have given me sound advice.  I wasn't exactly looking for that, because your words touched my spirit.  But God is so mindful of us.  God Bless you.


Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:06PM, Hatman wrote:

...first, become aware of it.



Absolutely.  That is what I need to do, stay aware of what I am saying to myself and to others.


Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:06PM, Hatman wrote:

Substitute some great self-talk, instead.  Oftentimes, using a mirror to do so is extremely effective.  In Napoleon Hill's "Think and Grow Rich," this is one of the first exercises he was given to do, to go and tell himself what he wanted and wanted to be as if it was true already, first thing on awakening, and last thing before going to sleep, and he had to do it every day for a week before he was allowed to go back to his mentor.  He said he felt incredibly stupid doing this---but it WORKED!



When I read about positive thinking or positive self-talk in the secular world, it always brings me back to the Bible.  While many may not give credit to God, because it is based on God's principles, it can't help but to work.  I am a believer of that. I'm very glad you included that verse, Hatman.  That is so powerful.  Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 9:37AM #38
rachel219
Posts: 30

Aug 5, 2010 -- 9:03PM, ArnieBeeGut wrote:

Whether intended or not, your fiance has indicated that sometimes the words are received by him as criticizing or blameful.



Yes, you are right, Arnie.  I don't know why he would say that because it is the words HE says that are criticizing and blameful.  I do take responsibility for the things I have said that have hurt him.  I have been doing this since the beginning.  He does not do this.  If he were to take accountability for what he has said, I have to come to him very meekly and softly and gently.  He tells me when he approaches me about something that he really needs to talk about or is concerned about, that he is always considerate and respectful.  While he does have that under control, it is not "real".  I say that because the minute I don't agree with him or want to go along with what he is proposing, he can get antagonistic and (what's the word for when someone starts to put you down like you aren't as smart as they are, or as the whole world is?)  That's what he does.  Therefore, I start to defend and try to justify myself, which he hates and then we have now eliminated any chance of speaking to each to get resolution or harmony.  This is such a trick of the enemy, I believe.  I believe my fiance and I CAN GET ALONG.  However, it can not be all his way.  This being unable to talk to each other without both of us getting defensive is so counter-productive and down-right absurd.  He has said to me that he feels he can not talk to me about certain things and that "concerns him".  This only happens, however, when I don't agree with him.


Alas, he rarely apologizes. 


Aug 5, 2010 -- 9:03PM, ArnieBeeGut wrote:

What can help in such situations is to be curious about the message he received and whether it was what was intended. It's difficult without concrete examples - perhaps you would be willing to share some of the words that proved to be problematic.



Arnie, I haven't always used "precise" examples because I didn't want to be too self-identifying by quoting him alot in case he ever stumbles upon this thread.  I have no reason to believe he will visit this thread, and if he did, he could probably recognize "us" very quickly just based on the examples I've written.  I understand your point and will try to use examples so you can see both sides. 


Aug 5, 2010 -- 9:03PM, ArnieBeeGut wrote:

You are quite right that everyone has insecurities of some kind or other. Keep in mind that it is very difficult for most people to admit those to another, especially a partner. You may have to be content with simply knowing that is the case. Again, an attitude of curiosity about where he is coming from rather than a reactive one can go a long way in making a dialogue more productive, even when there are uncomfortable feelings present.




Thank you, Arnie.  I will not forget this.  I don't want to have the wrong attitude.  I am improving.


Aug 5, 2010 -- 9:03PM, ArnieBeeGut wrote:

This is true - that many Christians believe this. I find it sad, since that is certainly not the Good News of Christ. Judgment is God's, not man's. You are as God created you - and God does not make junk! Those who adopt a judgmental, critical approach have missed the point, regardless of what they may call themselves. That is sad too, and they are desrving of compassion for the pain that is experienced inside that  causes it.



I wonder if God is hurt when I do this to myself.  Am I being ungrateful for who and how He made me?  When we come into this world, we are not aware of anything being "wrong" with us.  I believe that is learned through our experiences and society.  I need to get back into the Word of God and read and begin to confess and have faith in what God says about me and His creation until it gets into my heart.  I believe I will be a better a person. Not just to myself, but to everybody.  It starts with me, right?  Is that being self-ish?  Just thinking about getting myself in order? 


~ Rachel

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 9:39AM #39
rachel219
Posts: 30

Heavenly Father God, give me balance and wisdom in every area of my life.    I ask you to bless every reader and all who offer sound counsel and let blessings return to them in any area that will increase prosperity to them.  God bless them for being a blessing to me.  I receive this answered prayer now, and release my angels to go forth and do it now, in the name of Jesus, the Christ.


~ Rachel

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2010 - 9:55AM #40
rachel219
Posts: 30

natureboy_the0,


First of all, thank you for taking the time to teach the things you wrote.  I'm going to need some time to process much of the last part of your post.  Your words/teaching is very deep, indeed.  I can respond to some of it, though.


 

Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:45PM, natureboy_the0 wrote:

Fellowshipping with "god" isn't fellowshipping with other man, per say, it's learning to hear you inner voice, the one civilization say is evil because it usually tells us to do the opposite of what we're taught by the world, and obeying it.   However, we have to have it teach us how to comprehend what it say.



How true.  I understand now after several years of teaching that God wants relationship with us.  Women probably relate to that better (or at least more openly) than men do, right? We are so communal.  Does that scare men?


 

Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:45PM, natureboy_the0 wrote:

...your husband may be the first to be so instructed and you left alone at home to fellowship with god.



I don't quite understand this.  Would you mind explaining a little more?


 

Aug 5, 2010 -- 7:45PM, natureboy_the0 wrote:

And you are correct, had you looked at it that way you would not have had the doubt, however, that was something you needed to experience.  But, being you may be beginning to think like him, you may find no sexual desire toward him although you will have magnificent agreements in your conversations. 



Actually, natureboy, when we talk about the Word of God and our faith and other spiritual aspects of our relationship with God, it is very attractive to me.  I am very turned on by him when he is expressing his faith, his revelation or taking a (spiritual) leadership role in our relationship.  As one of the disciples said "follow me as I follow Christ".  That is very desirable to me.


more....



Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook