Switch to Forum Live View Just a few personal observations about being single...from a Christian perspective...
4 years ago  ::  May 29, 2010 - 11:42AM #1
David

I was raised Roman Catholic...and I have tried, not always successfully, to live according  to the teachings of the Church...and in the Roman Catholic Church we have many callings, if you will...some are called to the priesthood, being a nun...to marry..and to be single..

I am 53 and at this stage of my life I kinda have the feeling that being single is what the good Lord had(or has) in mind for me...and as my sister so sagely put it.."David..very few women could put up with your zaney humor"...

she's right....Wink

on a serious note..I feel, speaking strictly for myself..that being single is, for me, the best way to be closer to God..to do His Will...

best wishes to all of you for a great weekend!

david  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 30, 2010 - 9:58AM #2
annie

HI David, I do agree with you about being singel and having the calling to serve God. I always wanted to be a nun,,,I know that sounds weird since i had 5 children and raised 8...but now that i am older and the children have left the next ...I feel a calling to go back to my origional decision,,,,about being a nun. Peace to you and blessings to all.    

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2010 - 11:16AM #3
David

if this is your true calling from God...go for it, Annie!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2010 - 4:24PM #4
appy20

I really don't think God meant for everyone to be married.  Nowadays, with the world overpopulated, we don't need any more children.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2010 - 9:56PM #5
MMarcoe

Sometimes I wonder if I'm called to be single. On the other hand, I've had a high sex drive all my life, and I wonder what you're supposed to do with that if you're called to be single.

On the other hand, maybe I'm single because I'm idealistic and overly picky.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 5:08PM #6
appy20

MMarcoe,

I don't think you can be overly picky.  If you "settle," eventually you will resent the person you settled for and they will find you out.  It isn't fair to the other person to be "settled" for.  My aunt did that and the story of their marriage was really quite sad.  My aunt was the bad guy but she was stuck with a guy she just didn't love.  He was a nice guy who deserved someone who was crazy about him.  It wasn't fair to either one.

I believe that you should only marry the one you really want. If that is no one, don't drag someone else into it.  It is no one's fault that they aren't what you are looking for.  Being someone's disappointment is rather cruel.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook