Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View Does Being Single Mean There's Something Wrong With You?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 9:06PM #41
rideronthastorm

Absolutly theres nothing wrong with us older folks being single Im 45 nver been married or had kids. Its not wrong. It is lonely and hard for me though.Im about to have an operation full complete histerectomy . Its hard thinking about the fact that Ill never have children its not easy. Though I know theres nothing wrong with me doesnt mean Im not lonely Im terribly lonely and just started up another friendship with a guy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 1:09AM #42
sadiaali

may be or may be not .

www.talentidols.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 10:33AM #43
kulovitz

This is a wonderful forum! I am currently conducting a study on this very question...see below

Hello,

We are currently conducting a research on how relationship status affects conversation and relationship satisfaction. Data from the survey below will be used to understand how self-identified singles perceive views towards them. Participation is completely voluntary and you can stop participation at any time. The survey will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.

Please contact Kimberly L. Kulovitz at kulovitz@uwm.edu if you have any questions or concerns.

Survey Link

milwaukee.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6uv9s...

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Kimberly L. Kulovitz

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:29PM #44
Swim4fun

Apr 18, 2010 -- 5:12PM, Sistah1 wrote:

I'm tired of the assumption that if an older person (35 and up) is single, then there must be something wrong with him or her. Isn't it possible that these singles just haven't found the right matches yet?

singleindependentsistah.wordpress.com/20...

There is nothing wrong with being single for an older peolpe nowadays. But sometimes I admire very much the traditional relationships in the old days, because they managed to keep a relationship for a long time and tried to organise and maintain a united family as long as they can. I take that as a valuable treasure that seldom morden peolpe can do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 2:52PM #45
Kirsta

Many people are single nowadays. This question seems outdated. Marriage isn't all that anyways.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 3:48PM #46
Sarrie413

Jan 5, 2011 -- 12:37PM, Noelia wrote:

I am 24 years old and single..I don't think that is anything wrong with me although it's hard to speak for myself..I've been deceived by people,humiliated so I am very cautious with my relationships. Being hurted a few times doesn't help me either.. My point of view is,that I am not going to create a relationship just because I want to stop being alone, or just fill the gap,I want to feel real love and that wonderful sentiment of butterflies in my stomach!Laughing

That's the boat that I'm in... I just broke up with someone because he wasn't up-front and honest with me. He was very secretive about the things that he done. This may sound crazy to some people but I'm ok with the break up. Yeah there have been a few times where it really hit me but other than that, I feel fine with it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 10:16AM #47
Jennygreg01

Apr 21, 2010 -- 12:53PM, Marcion wrote:

There is nothing wrong with being single.

Getting divorced seven times - now that is really sick.

your perfectly right. I'm 35 and still single but it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with me? sometimes we made bad choices in life but it doesn't mean we're miserable. Maybe in God's time i'll the right guy for me, just stay happy and think positive always!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook