Switch to Forum Live View What Is the best advice anyone has ever given you on dating.
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2010 - 9:37AM #1
Rev. Laurie Sue

For a new series on Beliefnet, we are collecting our readers stories and comments about the Best Advice they have ever received. In this thread, please share the Best Advice Anyone Has Ever Given You On Dating. Whether it is "Never settle," "make sure he shares the same values" or "make sure he has a job," we want to pass along your pearls of wisdom.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2010 - 3:39PM #2
Anesis

Never date someone you don't want to become like.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2010 - 11:22PM #3
Bawalker

Don't put all your hopes and plans onto one person too early.  Until you have that conversation about your status as a monogamous couple, you are still single and free to hook up with who ever you want.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2010 - 9:04AM #4
dsfin

Don't go out with girls who drink, smoke or chew, nor those that do!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2010 - 9:21AM #5
Blackwingedangel

I believe it is very important to have a healthy relationship with yourself before you enter into a relationship with someone else.  

"You need to be the right person to find the right person."

When you know who you are and you are healthy (that does not mean you have to be perfect) you will attract a healthy person whom you may not only enjoy but to whom you may give a lot in return.

You have to love yourself before you are able to give love to someone else. The trick is  to understand what love is and what it is not.

Black Winged Angel
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2010 - 2:54PM #6
DD

People basically do not change, the older we get the less likely. It's an uphill battle if you

try to change another's behavior to suit you. If it feels wrong, get out....life is to short!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2010 - 6:15AM #7
addy

Please don't make dating with those whom you don't know properly because i have feel that i found a good dating from the online dating sites but some time what happens when we meet at some place the person will exactly out of a look as just i have described her in my dreams when i was chatting with them so before you start the datting please be careful about this fraud.

I want to warn you about this thing because you might be face this kind of problem in future.

Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook