Switch to Forum Live View Belief in God and Why men think they are hot when they are not
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2009 - 4:04PM #1
appy20

These are two cool articles.  You have to read both and yes the answer to why we believe in God and why men think that women are more attracted to them than they are.  The second article is linked at the bottom of the first article.

Here

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2009 - 12:15AM #2
SatanicStalker

A very good read, thank you for posting these. 

~Stalker

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2009 - 12:20AM #3
Wendyness

Made me laugh Appy, thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 9:17AM #4
Idenitycrisis

Fascinating read to be sure, the second article assumes all who believe in G-d believe in eternal torment (False Data) Ask JW's SDA's Mormons, others, that data doesnt fit, does it?(leaning toward the Jewish persuasion, I'm not convinced) which to me would be classified a ???, why the assumption that if G-d does indeed exist, and one doesn't acknowledge him, they will spend eternity in torture?(Would he REALLY be that egotistical?) Likewise, what proof is there that evolution has provided us with a minimal amount of "religous nature" to ensure we don't waste too much time involved in "spiritual matters", if per chance it may be a waste of our precious time? A stawman to be sure. First part awsome, seemingly truthful, second, weak, biased, and IGNORANT.UndecidedIMHO.Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2009 - 8:54AM #5
appy20

I am not an atheist. I have a very strong belief in God--but not Christian.  However, I tend to like ethical atheists more than I do religious fundamentalists of any stripe.  I agree with you that you don't have to believe in damnation.  I don't. It doesn't make sense that I love my pets more than God loves us and there is nothing that I can do that would make we want to sentence my pets to eternal damnation.    I believe there are some humans we cannot live with but I also believe that God CAN live with them. I believe that He can fix them.  Just not in this world.  Or rather He doesn't always fix them in this world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2009 - 1:14PM #6
appy20

Here is another article on the subject.  This happened to me.  20 plus years ago, my boss constantly got after me for not smiling at patrons.  Now, I was friendly, polite and very professional. I am just not a Jimmy Carter smiler.  I began smiling because my boss kept harping on it.  I got unwanted male attention just like in this article.   I tried to explain to him that it was a sure-fire way to attract creeps.  Or as this article points out Beavis and Butthead.  This is what happens when you think men and women are alike.

Here

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook