Switch to Forum Live View 101 Day Sex Challenge
5 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2009 - 9:23AM #1
Happyher

I watched an interview on the Today Show that featured an average couple, married eleven years.  They had an average, busy lifestyle, so similar to what most of us have.  They wanted to do something to re-create their marriage, so they committed to having sex for 100 days straight.

It was so life- and relationship changing for them, they wrote a book.  The book is "Just Do It" by Douglas Brown.

I was so inspired that I decided to begin the 101 Day Sex Challenge.  Yes, my husband and I are the first couple's to make the commitment.  We are hoping other couples will join us.  We have sponsors that will be sending give-aways to the couples that are involved to help keep them motivated along with some free couples coaching and prizes for the couples that make it through....  Phone sex counts too for couple's that are going to be apart.

It's free for the couples, no strings attached.  They can remain anonymous if they like and we only ask that there are weekly "check in" emails with a chance to share or ask questions. 

Why?  Because we believe in marriage.  We believe in the benefits that Annie and Douglas Brown found with their experience.  We hope there are some brave couples that are willing to take the challenge with us.  It's going to start on Sweetest Day, which is October 17, 2009 and run through January 25, 2010.

Are you up for the challenge?  I can tell you my husband and I are all ready feeling closer than ever just talking about how we are going to make the 101 days work for us.  What if we're sick?  What if we fight?  We are covering all the bases and if this is any clue to what we are in store for, then I know we'll be able to reach levels of intimacy we haven't visited for quite some time.

If you think you might be up for it, let me know how to contact you - here at Beliefnet, or otherwise and I'll fill you in on the details!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2009 - 4:58PM #2
dsfin

Dr Laura told a listener who called to complain that her husband confessed to having 15 minutes of passionate sex with a co-worker before coming home for the last month..."why not sent him to work each day with 15 minutes of passionate sex?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2009 - 5:34PM #3
Happyher

I adore Dr. Laura!  Intimacy is usually one of the first things that goes in a relationship and without that, there is a higher chance of couples to stray.  Not that it's an excuse by any means to cheat on your significant other, but it certainly would be better avoided in MOST relationships if the partners were able to maintain and deepen the love that they started with.  That's part of what the 101 Day Sex Challenge was designed for.  Perhaps that couple should give it a shot?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2009 - 1:00PM #4
Teknmage

As a male I've got to acknowledge that I'm intrigued by this challenge. At first glance it would appear to be loaded in favor of the male. Traditionally the guy wants sex, sex without attachments or commitments ~ and this appears to give guys just that on the surface.

I suppose for the woman there is the possibility that she will simply wear him out and he will be too tired to seek sex elsewhere? Frown Now I believe words have meanings, and you have chosen to frame this challenge as "101 Days of sex" and not as say "101 Days of making love to your partner" call me old fashioned here, but to me the two are NOT equivalent. Sex I believe focuses more on my needs and getting them taken care of, whereas making love focus on my partners needs and taking care of them, IMHO. Perhaps not all would accept that subtle difference? There is *good* sex and *bad* sex, but really making love is always good, IMHO.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2009 - 2:32PM #5
Happyher

I appreciate your thoughts about this.  Yes, there is a huge difference between making love and having sex.  The 101 Day Sex Challenge is really about both.  Typically a man gives love (Or romance) to get sex, and a woman gives sex to get love (Romance).  The Challenge is about bridging that gap, coming together as a couple and re-learning how to give each other both ends of the spectrum. 

As for using the word "sex", instead of "making love" We want to encourage women to break through the "good girl syndrome" with their partner and to really open up. I've heard from so many women that are ashamed of their bodies, ashamed to share what they REALLY want from their partner because they've been told that good girls don't have those natural feelings.....  It's more than an epidemic and it inhibits a relationship from really getting to those deep levels.

The couples that are registering for this Challenge are excited to put their relationship back in the forefront where it may have slipped behind due to kids, jobs, etc...  So, at the core, it the 101 Day Sex Challenge really is all about love.

Thanks for you input!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2009 - 8:42PM #6
Fhbswifey

Happyher... We would love some information  :)   You can mail me here on Beliefnet   FhbsWifey   

Thank you

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 8:41PM #7
Godfreyfam

we want to be involved... how do we sign up?? We are ready to revamp us!!! Can't wait to reignite the fire!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2009 - 8:12AM #8
Happyher

I've sent a personal message to you in regard to the Challenge.  The registration deadline is tomorrow, so please make sure and contact me by then.  I'll be looking forward to hearing from you!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 9:05AM #9
withfearandtrembling

When are we going to have the 101 day backrub challenge, where I get to get a backrub every single day for 101 days, whether or not my husband happens to feel like giving me one?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2009 - 11:25AM #10
ArnieBeeGut

Well you're not gonna get that here on Beliefnet! Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook