Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Needing a little relationship advice.
8 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2009 - 2:09AM #11
ArnieBeeGut

Maybe you would be willing to express how it has been brought up to him.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2009 - 8:34AM #12
IreneAdler

Learn to be happy in spite of how he treats you.

(I'd view such statements as "get over it" to be demeaning and wouldn't stick around for long if that's the attitude I was receiving. But that's just me. )

You can change yourself- if you believe this relationship is worth doing so.

But, expecting him or anyone to change for you is not going to work for the long term. 

You can, however, find someone who does treat you as you expect to be treated.  But that requires that you move on.  Sounds like this option is not acceptable to you.  So again, learn to be happy and accept the unkind/insensitive remarks and attitude as just his way.  HOpe it works out for you.

Irene

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2009 - 11:41AM #13
Hatman
Tamara-
If your goal is to increase your understanding of him and his ways(and hopefully, he feels similarly), you may wish to check out Gary Chapman's book, "Love Languages."  It may simply be that he shows you his love by providing for you or otherwise, but personally, infidelity is absolute grounds for divorce in my book, no matter what "reason"(read "excuse") is resorted to.

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook