Switch to Forum Live View
Announcement: Scam/Phishing Messages
5 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2009 - 8:54PM #1
ArnieBeeGut

I received the following from a Beliefnet staff member. Please be careful!

Some of our members have been upset by receiving inbox messages from some young woman they don’t know who seems to be looking for love. This is, unfortunately, a variant of the well-known Nigerian email scam, and also unfortunately they tend to target faith-related websites like Beliefnet, thinking our users will be more gullible. I have not yet figured out a way to prevent the scammers from registering profiles on Beliefnet—they look perfectly normal at first—and can only delete them after they are reported. But I do think it is important to try to educate our members about this problem. I have posted this in my blog, and encourage you to refer members to it

See this journal entry

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 10:25PM #2
ArnieBeeGut
One of the Beliefnet rules has recently changed. When you get spam or phishing  in your email, please do not email the Community Mailbox anymore with  complaints. Please now use the "Report Content" button on the  spam/phishing email.

Or, you could send me a message and I will pass it on.

Thank you for your patience - and thank you for all you bring to this wonderful Beliefnet community!

Blessings,
Arnie

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook