5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 12:00AM #1
frankieestep

For a lot of folks, Father's Day brings up very happy memories of a loving home and happy times with Dad.  For others, it's not such a happy memory.  Then there are those whose Dads are no longer with them.  There are some who never knew their Dad.  There are some who wish they hadn't known their Dad.  There are some who wish they had never become a Dad.  There are those who would love to be a Dad more than anything, but never got the opportunity.

Whatever Father's Day means to you, whether you are a Father or a son or daughter, I hope that you will remember the good and leave the rest for the day.  Nuture your soul, and celebrate being a Child of the Universe and honor our Father God.  If your childhood memories are treasures, then by all means celebrate them.  If they are less than pleasant, then treasure the fact that you are a special creation of our Father God and that He loves you just the way you are.

For those of you who are Dads, I hope you have a wonderful day full of family and love.  May you be Blessed with happiness and health, and the love of your family today and every day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2009 - 9:54PM #2
pixie34

I feel so bad, frankie, i completely forgot to call my dad today! I'll do it tomorrow, and send him a card too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2009 - 10:44PM #3
Hatman

A guy I work with is the son of a friend of mine; he's in his early twenties, now, and I first met him when he was about 4.  He's currently living with a woman in her late twenties who has 2 girls---one 9, one seven, iirc---and he proudly showed me the handmade Father's day cards they gave him yesterday, one of which was festooned with repeated "I love you daddy!" sentences.

Made his whole day.

The girls biological is apparently a drunken drug-addict/thief, etc., but I'm obviously only hearing one side of that story.

AFAIK, he's(my co-worker) only known this woman a bit less than a year, too...so apparently, he's made a right good impression on the youngun's.

Anyway, Frankie, thanks for posting that info.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook