6 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2008 - 4:55PM #1
DAH54
What is your strategy to get through the holidays intact? What are you doing in the area of budget, extended family, not getting down on yourself, and sex?

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2008 - 8:24PM #2
neurononsense
I don't really see it as "getting through" the holidays. I love this time of year! I'm Jewish and my husband is Catholic, so we spend at least one night of Chanukah with my family, and we spend Christmas with his. We all get along really well, so it's great! Money's pretty tight this year for all of us, so we've all decided to go easy on the gifts. We're going to be giving/gettinig a lot of little things and just enjoying each others' company :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2008 - 12:00PM #3
Cesmom

DAH54 wrote:

What is your strategy to get through the holidays intact? What are you doing in the area of budget, extended family, not getting down on yourself, and sex?

Working 2 jobs and trying to live by a better budget this year :p. 

This is always my favorite time of year.  It's a little stressful because it's so busy.  One thing that pushedmy marriage to the 'troubled' spot it was in was getting so busy with other things that we lost time for each other.  With the busy holiday schedule, finding time for programs, plays, parties, etc, spending time with extended family, etc, it is becoming harder than ever to find time for each other.  I think we are doing better this year because we both know that's a vulnerable area for our marriage and we want it to work.  It's not easy to find time for each other (or the energy for sex) when we are running in 12 different directions, though.

As much as I love the holiday and the excitement of the kids, part of me breathes a big sigh of relief once it's over!

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 09, 2008 - 9:43AM #4
KatherineOrthodixie

neurononsense wrote:

I don't really see it as "getting through" the holidays. I love this time of year!

I agree! Although I keep hearing about it, and I'm sure some people have stress, I love every single part. Perhaps the Orthodox observance of Advent helps stave off the worst aspects. But I really do love this time of year!

“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 1:06PM #5
Tolerant Sis
I love the holidays, every part of it.  I like the rushing around, I like gift buying, I like cookie baking, I like tree decorating, and I like cooking.  We live pretty far away from extended family, so unless they come here (my aunt came last year) we don't get together on the holidays.
First amendment fan since 1793.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook