Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
9 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2009 - 10:27PM #1
Ken Kennoli
I'm cooking.
what a world.
I got to maintain both the masculine and feminine of my domain.
sure, I can throw my stuff about like a bear sleeping where the F it wants. Because i am the king here. My subject, the royal Effis (the cat), cares not for the pristine quarters.
but with that burden of manliness befalls the ritual of consumption.
nobody cooks for me.
I want to be cooked for. hell i'd even pick up my shit off the floor if it could happen.
but tonight I am making chicken in the oven with zuchini and rosemary and turnips, and crushed red hot peppers and garlic.
also rice. don't know why I'm not making italian food, maybe california is beating me.
someone please come cook for me before I am homeless (no job yet).
K
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 11:11AM #2
Hipi75
Do you like Cajun food?
I'm sorry to hear about your job.  About 25 people lost their jobs at the company I work for.  In fact I nearly lost mine, but a client needed some CAD operators so I'm being subcontracted to them.  I've been really busy working so I haven't been on here for a while.  I'm really hoping this gig becomes permanent.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 5:44PM #3
kismit
Sounds good, Ken! You never know - you might be cooking for someone one day!

and good luck on finding work.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:24PM #4
Ken Kennoli
with my track record maybe i should stop cooking for these swines.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:48PM #5
Hatman
Ken-
In my admittedly-limited experience, most men, when they put their minds to it, are better cooks than most women.  Most men, however, prefer not to cook, but to complain about others cooking, also ime.

But cook to please yourself, and if one or more of these women don't like it, there's always the Pizza Hut or Chinese...or the door. 

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 5:44PM #6
kismit
Sounds good, Ken! You never know - you might be cooking for someone one day!

and good luck on finding work.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:24PM #7
Ken Kennoli
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 7:48PM #8
Hatman
Ken-
In my admittedly-limited experience, most men, when they put their minds to it, are better cooks than most women.  Most men, however, prefer not to cook, but to complain about others cooking, also ime.

But cook to please yourself, and if one or more of these women don't like it, there's always the Pizza Hut or Chinese...or the door. 

Warmest regards-

Hatman
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2009 - 11:27PM #9
PirateJohn

Ken Kennoli wrote:

Heck, I'll come visit and you can cook for me instead.  :P

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2009 - 3:22AM #10
lil_lamb
grocery shopping and cooking for one is tough. it is so much work. like, when i buy meat, i have to cut it up and waste plastic freezing the little pieces. a lot of my veg goes to waste because it wilts before i can finish it off. and even with all that work, most of the time when i cook, i end up eating the same thing for a week.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook