Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 2:31PM #21
Shellybean7

I was on eharmony and found a guy that i fell in love with but he left me and it was the only man i ever loved. Needless to say i am done with online dating services. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2009 - 6:27PM #22
Koelleheather

I have a story that is  an unusual one.

I have been married to the same man for 43 years.H has many god qualities,but we have never communicated well nor had much intimacy on the emotional level.

last March,while on vacation,I met a man on a politcal website and we clicked right away.he lived 3000 mles away,was a poet and artist,and single.(after 2 divorces)

I was not looking for a relationship,butwithin  two weeks we were writing each oher every day.WE shared so much of our lives on a deep level.I googled him and h ewas legit.

WE ha a wonderful,if stormy relationship for five months.But he threw up bundaries..no telephoning,no meeting in person.Frustrating for me because I was falling in love with him. Last Thursday he abruptly gave me the boot.I have been devastated and very very depressed.I told my husband(who had no clue),and am trying to get him into counselling,which he resists strongly.Iam talkingwith my pastor,seeing my girlfriends alot,my kids and grandkids(!!) yes,it can happen to an old fart!,praying and swimmng mile a day.THis is one of the most painful things I have ever been through.If anyone out there has been through this I would appreciate your input on how you got over it.

The man is not gay,and he lives alone.He says he needs to work on his own stuff and hasn't time for me anymore.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2009 - 9:25PM #23
Robert009

Yes, and I think that it totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had absoloutly NO luck with it whatsoever!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2009 - 8:20PM #24
Me2347

Yes. Ran into my share of married people and Nigerian scammers. I ran into some who just wanted to play games.

I gave up, and just looked for scammers to report on the site. I accidentally ran into someone who looked "real", and interesting, but I was cautious. That was 3 years ago. We got married 2 years ago, and I've never been happier!

Online dating is just another way to meet people. You can meet people who will lie, use, and abuse you in clubs, churches, schools, in the workplace, and on and on. You can meet nice people online too. Just be careful and get to know them before you take steps with them that you wouldn't in person.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2009 - 6:43AM #25
Hughjackman

I don't know the percentage but I do know that 100% of the people that have contacted me have been married and that is after I listed no marrieds in the site preferences AND also reiterated that point in my profile.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2009 - 1:21PM #26
Dimipretty

i really don understant what your trying to say here honestly could you make it a bit clearer

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2010 - 4:21PM #27
KrazyJourney

Well, I've been on a few sites...eHarmony, match.com, Plenty of Fish, Yahoo Personals, ect, ect, ect! Although there are tons of jerks on Plenty of Fish, there are enough nice guys to make the free site worth it. To me, one site isn't much better that the next.  I have communicated with some guys who were possibly a good match; they ended up being good friends. I'm glad I suffered thru "dude drama" to meet the guys on POF.

I wouldn't say on-line dating is a lost cause BUT it is definately not for the faint of heart...LOL! Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2011 - 12:17AM #28
Zigzig

Mar 2, 2009 -- 8:44AM, Jn_jean wrote:

What does online dating involve? Does it mean it is just virtual relationship?

I fell in love with a man who found me on FB. It turned out to be a dating scam. All virtual. He was so good,  a master at getting to my heart. I finally woke up when my sister said it is all phoney.

I will NEVER date online again. It is too risky, not worth the effort in what I experienced.

My advice to people looking for love........take care of yourself first......get inspiration from your higher source/power......read good dating/relationship books. The best I have read so far is Mars and Venus on a date. You and your mate will eventually meet, naturally without the use of a computer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2011 - 7:35PM #29
Al41

I wouldn't mind trying it but I don't have the money. lol.  I filled out the questionaire for eHarmony.  It was extensive so I think that it might work.  I don't like the married men thing.  I am sure there are real people out there who are searching just like me. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 05, 2013 - 8:26PM #30
Heinrich183

I have found rarely, if ever there was someone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook