Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
5 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2009 - 10:31AM #11
appy20
Yeah, you are. If you could put up with a Baptist church, I promise that you would be married in six months.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2009 - 10:17AM #12
darc knight1
It looks like the experience with online dating has been mixed, judging from the posts.

I can heartily NOT RECOMMEND match.com.

I’ve about reached the end of my rope with these guys.  At this point I’ve sent about 200+ emails to women on match.com.  I could have sent several times that amount if I had sent at “confetti emails” like some people apparently do.   Every email I sent was an individual response to the person I was writing, usually referencing something in their profile or interests.  To date, I have received 31 responses, all negative. 

I thought something had to be wrong so I called match.com’s customer service number and after waiting 15 minutes on hold listing to bad muzak interspersed with their ads I finally spoke with a rep. who told me repeatedly,  “ïts all just who you write to, and write to a lot.” I was also repeatedly assured that “everything was okay because of their 6 month guarantee.”   When I said I wasn’t interested in 6 more months like the last, the perky service rep. said, “but sir,  its free!”

Do not go to match.com.  save your money.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2009 - 8:44AM #13
Jn_jean

What does online dating involve? Does it mean it is just virtual relationship?

We're all interconnected spiritually like cogwheels of nature. If we only serve ourselves instead of interconnecting in mutual understanding with others, nature will stop functioning properly. Kabbalah teaches us how to reach this interconnectedness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 12:51PM #14
Chameleon

You get what you pay for, or, are willing to invest of your 'true' self into 'wise' dating ventures.  Online offers such discretion.  You are even able to  model your profile as an avatar, when using your genuine photo or someone elses! The 'he' you fal in love with may really be a 'she' hiding behind a 'he' photo' of someone else.  You can enrich your fantasy life and be anyone you want to be.  Great for actors who love 'playing roles' but do not take themselves or anyone else seriously, just honing their skills.  However, if you are seriously  looking for the one the Lord has sent to you, I recommend a more traditional manner, especially putting your hand to the plow and working side by side to get  to know one another, while serving God/Yahweh.  I know  a young woman close to me that was crushed throuygh online dating that was taken only serious by her.  In His service,in His name.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 5:39PM #15
appy20

I think match.com is a scam. That is the first site I used years ago.  I also used it the longest.   I didn't think much of the site.  One thing, the matches I got after I paid were considerably different from the matches I got before I paid. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 4:14PM #16
melanies

I meet my husband on a online dating site.   I was asking for a christian, and I got several responses, I even about my picture up.  He said God told me him answer my ad.  We chatted online for 6 months, and then meet and dated for 8 months then got married in August 1998.  We separated 2 months later, and got back together after 6 months.  We were happy for the last 9 years then last April he left me once again.  We have been separated 11 months.  I love him deeply and pray God will bring him back.  But about online dating.  Use free sites.......don't pay. 

Love in Christ

Melanie

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2009 - 11:20PM #17
Lfs

I've tried them all: match.com, chemistry.com, eharmony.com, craigslist.com, plentyoffish.com. Got positive replies. Ended up in two short-term relationships that I ended because their posts were not completely honest. I tried to screen well, but I discovered other issues about the two men that I was not prepared for (no, they were not married). It's difficult to meet men where I live and work, and I'm shy. But I give up on online dating. I'm happy for those for whom it has worked.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2009 - 12:25AM #18
legs48

It seems that my reply will be a little late, but I haven't been online for a while, and the reason is that I've met the love of my life online. We met on Yahoo.com a year and a half ago, began corresponding and met in person a month later. The rest is history. I should mention that I had been alone (divorced) for 6 years and had been dating online off and on, using almost every site online during this time with little success. I had met some very nice men and some real head cases as well but no one that seemed to be the right fit. This was partly my own fault, as I was still getting over someone I had met immediately after my divorce. We had dated for a year but it didn't work out, I cared for him in ways that he decided he didn't care for me. I was encouraged by friends to jump back into the dating pool before I was emotionally ready, and so, most of my initial experiences weren't very fulfilling. I did meet some really strange and even rude people as well. I guess online dating is still like "live dating", in that people misrepresent themselves, have unrealistic expectations and baggage of their own. Some of the dates I went on were so bizarre that they were actually comical.  I will say that by the time I met the person I'm with now, I had become fed up with the whole scene and wasn't taking it very seriously.  His letter was one of the only ones that smacked of sincerity and his profile showed someone who was clearly not into being a "player" or using people.  It just turned out that he was truly the perfect match for me in so many ways that it was almost eery.  He has become the love of my life and we are very happy together. My best friend also met the man she's been with for the last 8 years online. These are not unusual stories, but I think people have to realize that the internet has it's perks and it's downside as well.  You can be exposed to a multitude of dates online that you might not otherwise meet, but it is a two dimensional way to  meet someone as well.  People often post photos that are outdated to attract dates, lie about their age,  income, circumstances etc. Just because it's in writing doesn't mean it's the truth. Common sense and a strong sense of humor are survival tools when dating online. There are plenty of people out there who have no intention of meeting someone special just because their profiles state that they do, some are married and say that they're single etc. The sites that should be avoided are the ones that send automatic "winks" to people whose profiles you've only looked at without deliberately trying to contact them. Most have a feature that allows you to browse without anyone being notified.  Read the fine print about how people are notified when others are interested etc.  I'd say that they are definitely worth checking out and trying though. While the biggest sites online charge a monthly fee, some of the newer ones don't. I'd recommend trying them first. Almost all of them let you post a profile for free. You just can't answer email until you join and pay for a membership on the bigger ones.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 10:31AM #19
Hipi75

In my experience, it's tough to date online when you live in a small town.  I live near a big city, but not close enough.  When I used Match, there were plenty of people interested in me... mostly men nearly twice my age (about 97% of them).  The ones that were my age were either psycho or as about as intellectual as cavemen.  (Sorry, I want conversation.  Don't grunt at me.)  After a few bad experiences, including one where the guy aggressively pursued a date with me only to stand me up, I narrowed the dating pool & found 2 people in the entire area that were what I was looking for.  Both of whom I had dealt with before.  So I went to the local free site, set the same requirments, & found a lot more people on there.  I contacted one guy & we've been together ever since.  So, there were a lot of things I had to go through, but it was worth all the work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 4:22PM #20
Totallyfaithful

i have tried on line dating and he is now my husband. Although it isnt from dating sites that we met, as he was introduced to me by a friend, we did start communicating thru e mails and eventually started talking on line. after 4 months of everyday on line chat, he came to the Philippines and we met in person. To cut the long story short, my kids and i are now here in u.s. and i am now married to this heaven sent husband of mine.Smile i have to warn you tho, about on line dating sites, not everyone is looking for a serious relationship. I know a number of women who made the on line dating their bread and butter. It is still safe to have someone introduce you to somebody they know. I have introduced my daughter's teacher to a friend i met in an on line dating, and they are married now too, staying in Maryland. It's a good feeling knowing that i didn't make a mistake hooking them 2 together, coz they trully liked and eventually fell in love with each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook