Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 5:59PM #1
jessie09
Do you really believe that there is somone for everyone? I have had relationships before, however they have all gone bust. I am a Christian, and would like to meet an honest, sincere, Christian. Do you think God intends some to be single?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2008 - 11:07PM #2
Sailorlal79

jessie09 wrote:

Do you really believe that there is somone for everyone? I have had relationships before, however they have all gone bust. I am a Christian, and would like to meet an honest, sincere, Christian. Do you think God intends some to be single?

I don't believe in god, but I will say that there is a group of people who appear to be happy being single. But if you aren't happy- don't wait on god to fix it. Join clubs, keep an active social life, and I know several friends who have had luck with dating sites like match.com. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2008 - 3:59PM #3
Anesis
Demographics suggest that there is not someone for everyone. There are more women in the population than there are men. Not by much percentage-wise, but by a lot when you look at actual numbers.

I do not believe that God has one specific person picked out just for you. God gave Adam and Eve choices in the garden. He said they could have their own choice of food there, except they could not eat from the one tree. This implies that God did not pre-ordain what they were going to eat every day.

In the same way, I believe that God tells us in the Bible what type of person he would like us to have and put out the guidelines that we need to be equally yoked, etc. I believe we can choose from the pool of equal yokes, and those who are not equal yokes are untouchable if we are to be obedient.

One of the problems I see in our society is that like Adam and Eve, we try to make it work with the tree that is out of bounds, or the unequal yoke. This is why marriages fail, in part. Before you try to have a relationship with someone, really get to know them first, and once you know them well enough that they are definitely an equal yoke to yourself, the relationship is more likely to last.

All the best, as you seek to not only find the right partner, but as you also seek to be the right partner.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2008 - 11:36PM #4
SatanicStalker
I also am not a follower of God, but I think there is a fallacy with the idea of having one special person chosen for one by God, even if you do worship him.

Don't think of people like jigsaw puzzle pieces... we do not just fit together perfectly with specific other pieces no matter what. Experience and history show us this. If you just wait for someone who fits you perfectly you will be disappointed forever. People don't work that way.

Rather, think of people like stones for a foundation. Every stone is unique in shape. You can build a wonderful foundation by carefully selecting stones to fit well in a wall and mortaring them together, but there is always the gap that the mortar must fill.

Part of the miracle of human relationships comes from the way that we can see where there are gaps between us and reach out to one another to bridge those gaps. Sometimes stones don't fit together at all and the gaps are too big to bridge, but there are still multiple options that could fit with any given stone, provided both make the effort.

From my point of view, the key is not recognition of the one other person in the world perfectly suited to you, it is the decision that you make when you decide that one other person is the one you want, and you reach out to bridge those gaps and in so doing make a perfect fit.

~Stalker
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 12:00AM #5
Hatman

jessie09 wrote:

Do you really believe that there is somone for everyone?

Well, probably not serial killers; for example, men who can only get off if they strangle a victim to death are not going to have long-lasting relationships.  (Ok, bad example.)

I have had relationships before, however they have all gone bust. I am a Christian, and would like to meet an honest, sincere, Christian.

Personally, I thought that "dishonest" and "insincere" were attributes that kinda disqualify you from being a Christian in the FIRST place, but what do I know?

Do you think God intends some to be single?

I think that God is all about choices;  Christ Himself addressed this issue when He said something about those who are born as eunuchs, those who are MADE eunuchs by other men, and those who CHOOSE to be eunuchs for the sake of the glory of God.  He also said that this is one of those "if you can accept it" deals, too.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 5:37PM #6
SallySeven
I've never believed in the idea of a soulmate or a "meant to be" person. I believe that compatible people find each other.

And the best way to find someone that is most compatible for you is to put yourself out there and meet a variety of different people. Don't put too many limitations on the sort of people you want to meet, because finding a good personality match is tough enough. Consider non-Christians, as long as the basic character traits of being honest and respectful of your values are there.

Maximize your potential by meeting as many people as possible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 5:48PM #7
Desimans
You're looking too hard.  Seek to develop your own potential and become the best person that you can be.  When you learn who you are, and love and respect yourself fully then you are truly ready for a partner.  When that time comes, you won't have to be looking for a life partner, the right one will find you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 5:37PM #8
SallySeven
I've never believed in the idea of a soulmate or a "meant to be" person. I believe that compatible people find each other.

And the best way to find someone that is most compatible for you is to put yourself out there and meet a variety of different people. Don't put too many limitations on the sort of people you want to meet, because finding a good personality match is tough enough. Consider non-Christians, as long as the basic character traits of being honest and respectful of your values are there.

Maximize your potential by meeting as many people as possible.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 5:48PM #9
Desimans
You're looking too hard.  Seek to develop your own potential and become the best person that you can be.  When you learn who you are, and love and respect yourself fully then you are truly ready for a partner.  When that time comes, you won't have to be looking for a life partner, the right one will find you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2008 - 5:52PM #10
singledad1234
the problem is not that there is not someone for everyone  the problem
has been arising for  fourty five years
thousands and thousands of young woman watch crap like i kissed a girl and i liked it
I have a daughter that will be twenty two and she is  a virgin  and loves the lord
men only want to have sex with her       they dont want to love her  honor her

oh   dont get me wrong  i want my daughter to  have all the sex she wants
and rock her husbands world     and her own
but IN  A MARRIAGE
i have been single since i was twenty eight            people hate me because i am honest
the world is a sham and a lie             bush is a dictator and they keep voting war mongers into there government

I want a wife                too but i want a woman that believes in the word of god

NOT HER opinion of what she thinks it says          but what it actually says

www.henrymakow.com               should wake people up
but   will people listen
www.infowars.com             www.prisonplanet.com

when a christian man seeks a christian woman       in todays society
the only woman  he can find is woman that think he is nuts

just what jesus said would happen             IF THE WORLD HATED ME
it will HATE YOU

when a woman sees me as the man that will lead her     and as the man that
has spent twenty years studying the word of god

then maybe i can find      the SOMEONE Thats there for me
in the mean time                  I WILL STAY ALONE            and I will cry out to god

for what i want in my heart                is  a woman  to love and love me back

www.henrymakow.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook