Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 12:26PM #1
PirateJohn
I never had a problem with match.com itself.  I left a couple of months before my membership expired because I decided to take an indefinite break from dating, but overall I made four dates from the site.

As for Plenty of Fish, I used to be on there and frequented the message boards, but I quit that site because the moderators of the message boards are complete jerks.  I literally (I'm not at all exaggerating) was banned for three days for saying I like peanut butter ice cream.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 12:48PM #2
Hipi75
Ok, so I've had my profile on a local website.  There was this one particular guy who contacted me.  We emailed back & forth for a while & he seemed really nice.  Well, I sent him my picture when he asked for it, feeling ok with it.  The next thing I knew he had been talking to someone else & he wanted to pursue that relationship.  Ok.  So be it.  So long.

So I changed my profile.  He is the second one to contact me.  It's been a couple months since I talked to him last.  I'm not asking to speculate what is on his mind.  He was very polite, he at least ended it instead of telling me he'd call me later only to never call me again, I wasn't given the power to read minds so I just take people's word at face value.  I'm just wondering...

Should I even reply?
Should I give him another chance?

And of course I would tell him up front that I am the chick he blew off.  I think I can do that in a polite way.

Thanks for your input, guys.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 1:18PM #3
lil_lamb
my net antennae say he's a player. he may not be courvoisier-grade, and players do get married (and divorced), but he will at the very least "need to expand and grow personally, nothing to do with you."

ok. now let me tell you about this guy who contacted me. twice. he wanted to run his fingers through my silky blond hair.

my hair is JET BLACK. ahahahaha!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 1:48PM #4
Hipi75
Thanks for your reply.  I have an open mind & sometimes that has not been to my benefit.  You know that they say... open your mind too much & your brain falls out.  I'm going to resist the urge to contact him & let him know who I am.  Besides, he only emails me from his work email, which might indicate that he's fooling around on someone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 5:47PM #5
appy20
I swear.  Months ago when Brett mentioned Plenty of Fish dating site, I joined because I was curious to know what men in my area are single (since I don't know anyone my age single, I had to see that).  I EXPLICITY said in my profile no men.  God, not only are the marrieds contacting me, they recontact me and they even list me as one of their favorites (Of course, I don't have my picture posted.  That would serve them right. LOL).

The one single guy that contacted me sounded like a Jerk in the email.  He was teed off because I didn't have a picture. 

The thing about those sites is that every one, including me, sounds AWFUL.  There is no way to sound good online
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2008 - 12:25AM #6
Hatman

Hipi75 wrote:

Ok, so I've had my profile on a local website.  There was this one particular guy who contacted me.  We emailed back & forth for a while & he seemed really nice.  Well, I sent him my picture when he asked for it, feeling ok with it.  The next thing I knew he had been talking to someone else & he wanted to pursue that relationship.  Ok.  So be it.  So long.

So I changed my profile.  He is the second one to contact me.  It's been a couple months since I talked to him last.  I'm not asking to speculate what is on his mind.  He was very polite, he at least ended it instead of telling me he'd call me later only to never call me again, I wasn't given the power to read minds so I just take people's word at face value.  I'm just wondering...

Should I even reply?
Should I give him another chance?

And of course I would tell him up front that I am the chick he blew off.  I think I can do that in a polite way.

Thanks for your input, guys.

Yeah, he's certainly up to something no good.  But yep, I'D certainly reply, with enough pieces of my mind to make him think twice about being a player again, and ESPECIALLY about cheating on his wife, if that's what he's doing.

Alternatively, you could play with his head and pretend like you've never met him before, string him along, find out lots and lots about him(like getting his ph. # and doing a reverse directory on him, checking local real estate records of that address to find out if the title is jointly owned, etc.), then dump him like last month's garbage...right after leaving a nice note to let his wife, friends, family and boss(es) know what he's been up to on websites while she's been working her a** off...if that's the case.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2008 - 7:42AM #7
Hipi75
Hatman, that's pretty funny, but you overstate my ambition.  I"m waaaay too lazy to do all that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2008 - 9:19AM #8
appy20
I have gotten a few but most are married.  I meant to say in the post above that I clearly stated NO MARRIED MEN.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2008 - 7:59AM #9
Hipi75
Well he emailed me again.  I was going to just ignore him because there is someone else right now who has my attention.  Oh hell no!  I let him know who I was & what he did.  Of course I said it in a mature manner, but I was pretty cold.  So far no reply from him, but I don't really care.  I'm done with him.  He rejected me once, he lost his chance.  Why should I put myself on the line for someone who has already rejected me?  I'm moving on.

I can't even believe I considered giving him another chance to begin with.  That was that old junk in the back of my head put there by my crazy *ss family years ago.  I'm over it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2008 - 7:59AM #10
Hipi75
Well he emailed me again.  I was going to just ignore him because there is someone else right now who has my attention.  Oh hell no!  I let him know who I was & what he did.  Of course I said it in a mature manner, but I was pretty cold.  So far no reply from him, but I don't really care.  I'm done with him.  He rejected me once, he lost his chance.  Why should I put myself on the line for someone who has already rejected me?  I'm moving on.

I can't even believe I considered giving him another chance to begin with.  That was that old junk in the back of my head put there by my crazy *ss family years ago.  I'm over it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook