Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
6 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2008 - 12:45PM #11
lil_lamb
good for you. i mean really. emailing from your work address! skank.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 10:47AM #12
frankieestep
Appy,  I was curious about Plenty of Fish, so I put a profile on there as well.  I met a terrific guy, lots in common, he's a nurse at the nursing home where my folks are now.  He's very good looking, and a lot of fun.  Problem is, our schedules just don't jive.  We've gone out a couple of times, but I'm so busy with stuff, and he's so busy with stuff, we just don't seem to be able to hook up.  He does visit with my folks when he works on their floor, and we email. 

I'm beginning to think that I live and work in an alternate universe, when it comes to having time for dating.  I think I really like my alternate universe, just the way it is!!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 12:46PM #13
appy20
The problem is Frankie, I live in a part of the universe where there really are no quality guys.  They are a bit uneducated and rednecky.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 1:01PM #14
Hipi75
You know Appy, I lived in a big city & there weren't any available quality guys there either.  Sure, they had good jobs & they were responsible, but they never laughed at my jokes & they were kind of afraid of me.  I live in the land of Podunk now, but at least these guys care more about living life than just having the most wealth.  They also get my jokes & actually laugh at them.  Growing up here I never imagined the big city would be MORE closed minded, but in my experience they were.  Maybe this podunk town is quirky, which means I fit in just fine.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 03, 2008 - 1:06PM #15
appy20
On one level, I know what you mean but these guys treat the women in their life like crap.  They drink too much, they cheat on them, they beat them, they control them.  There are so few good guys that the competition is pretty stiff. 

I lived in Atlanta for a year and didn't have a date the entire year.  There were better guys there.  But.  Competition was stiff for the ones worthwhile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 2:06AM #16
PirateJohn
I think men really do have a disadvantage on sites like Plenty of Fish.  Women tend to be ridiculously picky on dating sites.  I swear I'd get about one reply for every fifty e-mails I'd send out.  And I'd take the time to individually write each e-mail I sent, too -- I wasn't sending some copy/pasted form letter.

But seriously, most women there won't even bother responding to a guy if he's an inch outside their height range.  And don't even get me started on how many women put right in their profiles that they want to date a guy making six figures or more.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 2:25AM #17
lil_lamb
dang, do women actually write that? six figures? i can't believe any man ice breaks them.

do i hang out with the wrong sort of millionaires? i don't know a single one who wouldn't bypass a gal like that.

oh, but wait... six figures. maybe *international marketing managers* would fall for that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 9:31AM #18
appy20
I don't have an income requirement.  It just amazes me how many of the guys come off as jerks.  I don't know how many request a picture and the manner they do that is really rude.  I always delete those.  I delete the ones that are angry with their exes and post that in their profiles. 

I wish these sites would weed out the guys that I don't match THEIR criteria.  None of the sites do that.  If a guy wants female age 20-30, don't put them as one of my matches even if he matches what I want.  .  They need two way matching.

Unfortunately, Joe Six Pack turns me off.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 11:26AM #19
PirateJohn
[QUOTE=appy20;803110]It just amazes me how many of the guys come off as jerks.[/QUOTE]

What amazes me is that despite the fact that my competition is such a bunch of jerks, I still don't get more than one reply out of fifty.

[QUOTE=appy20;803110]I wish these sites would weed out the guys that I don't match THEIR criteria. None of the sites do that. If a guy wants female age 20-30, don't put them as one of my matches even if he matches what I want.[/QUOTE]

Match.com does do that.  I used that feature all the time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2008 - 11:31AM #20
PirateJohn
[QUOTE=lil_lamb;802937]dang, do women actually write that? six figures?[/QUOTE]

Uh huh.  On match.com there's a question that asks "desired income range" and the top two choices are $150k or more and $100k-$150k.  I'd say at least one out of ten women had only those top two checked off.  And several of them only had the very top one checked.

As for me, when I was on that site I didn't even answer the question about how much money I make.  I figure if someone actually bases her decision on that, I don't want her anyway.  And in my current job I'll be making six figures in about three years anyway.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook