Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 7:45PM #1
singspraise
i just told my husband i was through with him today, when i read the posts on relationships and marriage and over here i feel like i am in similar types of relationships, he is not a wonderful guy, not the same person he was when we met and were dating. i dont know who he is, he is rude to my family and is sometimes mean to me and our daughter. he always throws my past in my face like it really matters. these things i would never do to anyone especially someone i loved, the only thing that kept me going was that we could talk i told him he has anger issues and he hold grudges and he listened but there has been very little change on his part i asked him to tell me what i was doing so we could grow together to be better people but then today his anger issues got out of control and he started threating people and got himself arrested. i told him it was over, i dont need or want the drama that he has. i love him because i cant help how my heart feels but i just cant be with him anymore i am so sick of him and his bs and lies i thought we could progress when we talked but i see he isnt going to change and this relationship is going nowhere, i can do so much better and i have plans for my life i dont need him holding me back. when we got married i honestly wanted to be with him forever and work as a team and all that but i dont want to be kidding myself. there is a point when you just have to stop the madness.
"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2008 - 8:16PM #2
boodlebear
Your post was very encouraging. Your input is going to help others in similar situations. You're right. One has to stop the madness.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2008 - 12:09AM #3
AttitudeIsEverything
[QUOTE=singspraise;426940] i love him because i cant help how my heart feels but i just cant be with him anymore .[/QUOTE]

If only more people could understand this, they could take steps to have the life that's waiting for them...good luck to you :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2008 - 3:16AM #4
singspraise
so its offical we are now seperated (but we werent even living together) and in i guess a cooling off/reflective period we talked today and both decided that this wasnt working. then he calls back half an hour later wondering if i wanted to work things out with "conditions" which, when he started to name them made me hang up in his face. a relationship cant work with conditions, what an absurd thought. he is driving me so mad right now but i will continue to be strong and make sure this is ended. done. over. no more drama!!!!
"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2008 - 6:54AM #5
boodlebear
And the crowd cheers!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2008 - 8:48PM #6
AttitudeIsEverything
[QUOTE=boodlebear;429993]And the crowd cheers!![/QUOTE]

And singspraise takes a bow!

Sounds like a slow learner, just keep repeating it....OVER & DONE, DONE, DONE.
It's amazing when the fog lifts and you can see a clear way ahead isn't it ??
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 2:29AM #7
singspraise
thats true i am getting myself on me feet and have a plan of action! its so good to just have a plan i have my short term goals and future goals and i think if i stick to my plan and just be strong i will be ok and have a good life for it.!! YAY ME!!
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 2:34AM #8
singspraise
you know what really helped me to see clearly was coming on these boards and seeing similar patterns and my eyes were really opened up to a lot of things in my own relationship i thought i could "fix" and i just saw the pattern and the situation would only escalate if i stayed and i wouldne be happy or even content with my life. its interesting because my husband has issues with his mom and my sister-in -law ( his brothers wife) is going through some relationship issues that are compleatly different but i can see that it stems from their mom. i am keeping strong for her too.
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2008 - 7:22AM #9
boodlebear
How are you doing?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 1:49AM #10
singspraise
i had a beautiful baby girl and am doing just fine. my husband  is helping but i dont feel the same about him anymore at all but he wants to try and "work it out" . i dont know... i admit my hormones were way out of whack when i was pregnant and he was acting crazy but i appreciate the help with the kids. but getting back together i am not sure about my heart isnt really in it although i know it was exxagerated by my being pregnant. we arent living together so thats good. i feel more at peace right now and things are flowing pretty good in my life. thanks for asking.btw, my sister in law is going to see if things work out. she will at least wait until her baby is born to see if there is a change. how are things with you?
-Mahatma Ghandi
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook