Post Reply
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How Important is Religion to a Relationship
6 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2009 - 12:17PM #11
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

Ceren wrote:

But I guess that then you have to accept the fact that your husband/wife will be out of a HUUUGE part of your life. I guess for some people that might work, but for others it won't.




*shrugs*

The three foundations of any working relationship: love, respect, and trust.  Without those, you've got nothing.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2009 - 1:05AM #12
Talies
Posts: 6
My wife and I are of the same religion, we had issues in other ways. Thank you for everyone outlook. I have to say that I think the more I look at it I would like  a partner who is the same as Me in religion as well. I guess I ask questions more to see how the rest of the world thinks Thank you all
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 10:11AM #13
appy20
Posts: 10,165
No matter what the differences, if both parties wish to rise above them and continually work at it, it can be done.  If one quits, it is over.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2009 - 11:54AM #14
wontgetfooledagain
Posts: 5,472

appy20 wrote:

No matter what the differences, if both parties wish to rise above them and continually work at it, it can be done. If one quits, it is over.




I agree completely Appy. :)

My parents are a perfect example.  My mom is a very devout Catholic and my dad is very anti-religion.  But after 56 years of marriage, they are still going strong.  It can work, if both parties want it to... and with my parents.. they've made it work.

Rob

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 2:17AM #15
SatanicStalker
Posts: 719
[QUOTE=sacrificialgoddess;1011642]The three foundations of any working relationship: love, respect, and trust.  Without those, you've got nothing.[/QUOTE]

Add in communication, and you've got it.

~Stalker
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 10:26AM #16
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

SatanicStalker wrote:

Add in communication, and you've got it.

~Stalker




True. I should have added that in.  :)

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2009 - 10:05AM #17
appy20
Posts: 10,165
I disagree. You can love, respect, trust and communicate well with one another and stilll not be able to negotiate differences.  To negotiate differences, you have to be flexible, be able to lose gracefully, forgive easily, not take yourself too seriously and just accept that another person thinks and feels differently without demonizing them.  Very difficult skills. It is easy to love, trust, respect and communicate.  To accept differences is far more challenging.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2009 - 7:09PM #18
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

appy20 wrote:

I disagree. You can love, respect, trust and communicate well with one another and stilll not be able to negotiate differences.  To negotiate differences, you have to be flexible, be able to lose gracefully, forgive easily, not take yourself too seriously and just accept that another person thinks and feels differently without demonizing them.  Very difficult skills. It is easy to love, trust, respect and communicate.  To accept differences is far more challenging.





Oh, I wasn't saying that is all you need in a relationship, Appy.  I was just saying without those things, there is very little point.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2009 - 7:18PM #19
ArnieBeeGut
Posts: 1,407
"All you need is love"   -John Lennon
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2009 - 7:09PM #20
Sacrificialgoddess
Posts: 9,496

appy20 wrote:

I disagree. You can love, respect, trust and communicate well with one another and stilll not be able to negotiate differences.  To negotiate differences, you have to be flexible, be able to lose gracefully, forgive easily, not take yourself too seriously and just accept that another person thinks and feels differently without demonizing them.  Very difficult skills. It is easy to love, trust, respect and communicate.  To accept differences is far more challenging.





Oh, I wasn't saying that is all you need in a relationship, Appy.  I was just saying without those things, there is very little point.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 2 guests
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook