Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do you Forgive Yourself?
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 7:05AM #11
bob185
dev -what you say is true, but people don't look at things that way - I always care alot about what people think - must try to move forward, the pain is immense -thanks, bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 7:06AM #12
bob185
wow - you are some lady - loyal,loyal,loyal - god bless - bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 7:21AM #13
bob185
Arnie - I so appreciate your forum here - support and kindness are the things I need most -bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2008 - 7:27AM #14
bob185
Hatman - my parents and grandparents are gone too - after the divorce, I felt like I lost more family - mother-in-law, brother-in-law, aunts, etc., they all loved me, yet they don't call me anymore -I do have a ray of hope, as my son says he is thinking of moving in with me in spring.  Will visit mydaughter in college this weekend. - God Bless, bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 10:42AM #15
bob185
Dev - I don't think my wife will ever forgive me - I don't have what is most important to my - my family being together - bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 8:10PM #16
dakota
Hi Bob, remember me. I'm back. You still sound like your having a hard time.

I do agree with others though about them not being dead. They are here. It is just different. Enjoy them. I know it is hard but, it will get easier the more you try.

When I first left the ex. it was so terribly different. My life was not the same. It seemed as if everything was upside down but, you know what? In time it started to fall into place.

Things change, life changes. We just have to learn to accept these changes and move forward and make them good instead of bad.

Take care Bob.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 8:10PM #17
dakota
Hi Bob, remember me. I'm back. You still sound like your having a hard time.

I do agree with others though about them not being dead. They are here. It is just different. Enjoy them. I know it is hard but, it will get easier the more you try.

When I first left the ex. it was so terribly different. My life was not the same. It seemed as if everything was upside down but, you know what? In time it started to fall into place.

Things change, life changes. We just have to learn to accept these changes and move forward and make them good instead of bad.

Take care Bob.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 7:40AM #18
bob185
dakota - of course I remember you - you (as others) have given me words of kindness, encouragment and at brutally honest posts - I have to tell you the truth, it has been a yaer and a half and it hasn't gotten that much easier  - I have asked her back so many times, but I know in my heart it probably won't happen and she might be in love with someone else. We were the "storybook" couple, but it came to an end.  As I posted before, it just seems so unnatural.  I just pray that my son will choose to live with me when she moves - she is selling the house.  I am glad you posted me - bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 3:48PM #19
dakota
Well, Bob a year and a half really isn't very long. It's still so new to you, this new life.

It is your choice though on whether your going to let life beat you up or if your going to take your life and finally have some control over how you want it to go.

All I can suggest is, go to as many meetings as possible over the holiday so that you aren't alone. Find others that could use some support and before you know it you will build a network of people that can really help each other.

Don't give up Bob. You only get to do this life once, so let's give it our best shot. :) Take care Bob.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 11:58AM #20
bob185
Dakota - You know, I am tired of being miserable and taking 100% blame - I take responsibilty, but not blame.  I am also jealous that she has had a boyfriend - just surreal the whole thing - I keep replaying in my mind that I should NEVER have left the house when she gave me a bag -what was I thinking? - I did it out of guilt because of my drinking - I don't think I deserved all that has transpired though - I look like a bum because it seems I left - bob185
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook