Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Interracial Marriage views in Methodism
9 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2008 - 12:27PM #1
What are the views in Methodism about Interracial Marriages?
Quick Reply
9 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 9:14AM #2
Perhaps you should ask this on the Methodist board? Though I'm not Methodist, I'm not aware of any official views at all.
“The Law of the Church is to give oneself to what is given not to seek one’s own.” Fr. Alexander Schmemann
Quick Reply
9 years ago  ::  Sep 23, 2008 - 11:51AM #3
Interracial marriage is not a matter of right or wrong, but of wisdom, discernment, and prayer. A person should be judged by his or her character, not by their skin color. All of us should be careful not to show favoritism to some, nor be prejudiced or racial to others (James 2:1-10, see especially verses 1 and 9). A Christian's standard for selecting a mate should always be to find out if the person they are interested in is a Christian (2 Corinthians 6:14), someone who is born again by faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:3-5). Faith in Christ, not skin color, is the Biblical standard for choosing a spouse. Then look at where they are on their walk, in comparison to where you are, the old don't be unequally yoked bit.

You really need to ask what does it mean to be Christian to you, just saying I'm Christian really has almost no meaning any more, because there is very little agreement on just what really being Christian means.

For Technical support visit

> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing

Beliefnet On Facebook