6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 8:37PM #1
woodnlady1
I'm confused.  I was told that if a man divorces his wife and she remarries, she causes the man that she is married to (her new husband) to be an adulterer.  Is this true???  If so, how can anyone possibly want to remarry?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2007 - 9:14PM #2
ArnieBeeGut
woodnlady1,

Welcome to the Divorce & Separation Board!  I hope you can stay awhile and interact with some of the members here.

What you are referring to is from passages in the Gospels that speak of divorce and remarriage in that way.  However, you might want to read This Article that delves a bit deeper into the subject.

I know Christians of deep abiding faith who are on both sides of the issue, so it is completely understandable to be confused.  I hope you can weight the evidence and come to a reasoned conclusion.

All the best,
ArnieBeeGut
Beliefnet Community Host
Divorce & Separation
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2007 - 9:54AM #3
Hatman

woodnlady1 wrote:

I'm confused.  I was told that if a man divorces his wife and she remarries, she causes the man that she is married to (her new husband) to be an adulterer.  Is this true???  If so, how can anyone possibly want to remarry?

"Love covers a multitude of sins."

This multitude, I must assume, also covers a situation (for example) like that of a woman who divorces a man who often beats her, treats her with contempt, and neither treasures, nor values, nor appreciates her, and takes lovers whenever he can find them. 

I trust and love a God who is infinitely forgiving, especially if the reason FOR the supposed "sin" is to prove Love.

Warmest regards-

Hatman

"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook