Switch to Forum Live View An upbeat question about living the single life
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2007 - 10:43AM #1
AsetAmitAb
I have been separated for about a year and a half and my divorce was finalized this past August.  Now that I have been living the single life I have noticed I have aquired some "bad" habits that I didn't have when I was married.  For example, it takes me a while to get around to doing the dishes, and now sometimes I leave the bathroom door open. 

Do you have any habits that are new now that you are living single?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2007 - 12:05PM #2
foo62
Hmm... interesting question.  I guess maybe watching silly shows late at night when I do not have to get up for work the next day.  They are shows I would not want a significant other to neccesarily know I watch, like soap operas filmed in Korea and shown with sub-titles on PBS.  They are purely an indulgence on my part.

There was something else that happened when my ex and I split.  I had not noticed how ofthen I had been doing things to avoid his criticism.  Then one day in the summer, the kids and I went to McDonald's.  We had all eaten and they were having a wonderful time on the outside play area.  It was warm and there was no shcool or work the next day.  I let them play and we stayed much later than we ever would have while I was still married.  They had a blast, and it felt terrific to make a decision as a mom and not be second guessed. 

Thanks for the idea.
J
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook