Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Why did you get divorced?
11 years ago  ::  Nov 27, 2007 - 6:13PM #41
Drummerlady
I left my husband 5 years ago. He was drinking throughout our marriage of 29 years and always had a reason why it was my fault. I went to counselling 3 years before I left but I wasn't ready then. Finally, one day I saw what his alcoholism had done to our daughters and myself and I just said, "It's not working. I'm leaving unless you choose us over the bottle" He chose the bottle.  I have had a long struggle but thanks to God I am happier than ever now.  I no longer worry about what I'm coming home from work to.  He is still drinking.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 12:14PM #42
debortyl3
I actually left my husband after 14 yrs of marriage & a history of infidelity. I thought for a long time that it was my job to hold it together as a Christian as well for my kids, but I decided to stop being a doormat & left him. I hate divorce so I told him he would have to file for it in which he finally did. I think i'm finally moving on & ready to try a new relationship.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2007 - 6:48PM #43
ncsunchine
Hi Everyone!

I'm not divorced right now, but I am starting the process. I plan to divorce my husband of 14 years because:

- I want a more fulfilling life
- he and I do not talk and are like strangers living in the same house
- he is controlling, hypocritical, and mean-spirited
- I earn twice as much as he does and it's causing tension
- we sleep in seperate rooms
- we are selfish and need to start putting our (two) kids wellbeing first
- I'm tired of pretending everything will get better
- I'm tired of giving and not receiving
- who he is as a person is not someone I would have as a friend much less a husband
- I am not my true self in this marriage
- I do not believe he can protect me
- I am not able to be the wife/woman he wants
- I want my children to know true love exists
- the rest of my life is waiting for me
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2007 - 9:08AM #44
Adreamz
divorced my husband after 27 years of marriage - as he was bi polar manic with rage sezuires and wouldn'
t stay on medication and always blamed me in everything of reasons why he had take medication and tore up ,destroyed anything in home and inside me during his rage sezuires .after so many long years living like that as a WALLFLOWER AND DOORMAT I felt EMPTY inside
wanted out of that life to find happiness ,something good and magical in my life filled with love that is NOT PAIN
love should NEVER BE PAIN

love should never hurt

good things came out my marriage was 3 children whom are not adults
I built my life around all them
very proud of them

I do not hate my exhusband at same time
as all those years we did share some good times too
I just grew inside empty in that life ,of ACCEPTANCE and was not happy
knew it was my time to live life as meant for me..

I am remarried now
but at same time did I marry same type

this confuses me right now

maybe its just me as everyone blamed me in past..
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:14PM #45
ESTABIZ
Two questions for you.

How do you know your ex was bi-polar - doctors say so?

Do you know is when you married him?
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:14PM #46
ESTABIZ
Two questions for you.

How do you know your ex was bi-polar - doctors say so?

Do you know is when you married him?
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:18PM #47
ESTABIZ
It is never your fault if your husband was drinking, taking drugs etc.  That person is an addict and it is UP THE THEM to get ongoing help for THEIR PROBLEM for the rest of their lives.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:20PM #48
ESTABIZ
It is both people jobs to keep a marriage together.  One person can never do it alone regarding of the reason why the marriage is not working.
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 12:22PM #49
ESTABIZ
Stop blaming yourself and go and get help for yourself.  What you did by marrying someone similar so often happens.  It is called "Going Back to What is Fimiliar"  - Counselling terms.  I am curious, did you grow up in a family one of your parents with a mental disorder?
Quick Reply
Cancel
11 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2007 - 10:04PM #50
cafrm
The reason I got divorced. First, let me say that, this is the second time my wife and I have been divorced from each other. The first time we were divorced was that, she walked out on me after two years of marriage. She told me that I was a no good husband towards her, and I was also a no good father for her two kids. She then went back to her old habits of using drugs and drinking. She found her self and boyfriend, packed her things and kids and moved back to her home town. After being apart for two years, we were divorced. After that, she found out that she made a mistake and we talked things out and were married again. After being married for the second time, things were ok at first, but as time moved on, things went back to the old ways. I was called all sorts of nasty names and again I was no good. To make this long story short, we will be divorced once again. This time there will be no third marriage. I don't feel good about being divorced, but, when one has tried to work out things within the marraige and nothing changes, its time to move on. I now have peace within my life, and I thank god for it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook