Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View Why did you get divorced?
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 9:38AM #101
David

I will say this..the leading cause of divorce is marriage...all of my divorced friends have told me this..Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2010 - 11:42AM #102
ArnieBeeGut

You are quite right David - if someone doesn't get married, they won't ever get divorced.

Perhaps this approach can be applied to all parts of one's life. For example, the leading cause of automobile accidents is being in a vehicle, so the solution is never to drive or be a passenger in a car, and one will never get killed or injured in an automobile accident.

Likewise, the leading cause of getting fired is having a job, so the solution would be to never work.

There are all kinds of bad things that can be avoided by simply not engaging in the activities that cause them!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2010 - 5:22AM #103
karbie

I had worried that my son wasn't dating...I had heard enough of the "Nobody will ever want me" stuff from him in HS. He only dated the girl he married in December. He said he saw no point of dating anyone he couldn't imagine spending the rest of his life with--it would be just a waste of time, energy, money and pain. They'd been friends for over a year before she realized he was too shy to make the first move. They complete each other.

I agree with everything said about getting your documentation--I'd include a journal of all the days, times, etc. he comes home a belligerent drunken idiot. You have to be ready to jump along with your kids. If you don't have a friend to go to, go to a shelter.

If anything happens to you..he'll be raising the kids. You've done your best to keep them safe. I applaud you for that, and for having the courage to ask for a separation. I wish you and your family all the luck in the world.

by removing him,you show your kids that he is not the type of man they should chose to be involved with or to model behavior on. That's huge.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2011 - 1:32PM #104
PA64

Vodka. My wife's an alcoholic, been thru 8 or 9 rehabs. My kids deserve better, and so do I. She's sober today, but I can't live with the anxiety & depression that she causes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook