Switch to Forum Live View Getting along with siblings
7 years ago  ::  Oct 12, 2007 - 5:30PM #1
Beliefnetsabee
As a single person how do you get along with your married siblings?
I always remember that for every word typed there is a real person sitting behind the keyboard.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:52AM #2
JoAllison
Well, on some level they seem to think they need to "take care of me" even though I'm the oldest. Though since none of us live in the same state and I've survived quite decently over 20 years of being single (with the attendant ups & downs 20 years of life gives), that has moderated over time. LOL!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 9:50PM #3
pixie34
The same as I've always gotten along with them. I only have one sibling who is currently married, the three others are single, so I guess our family doesn't have that pressure?

My brother that IS married doesn't treat me any differently than he did when he was not married, or when I was married.

That variable just doesn't enter into our relationships.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 7:34AM #4
keesiewonder
I have just one sibling, and he just got married earlier this year. So, in a sense, I guess I am about to find out! We have always been very close, despite a double digit age difference. (I'm older.) I expect we will carry on the same as before; in fact my sister-in-law mentioned a few days ago that her parents would like the three of us to come to their home over the holidays.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 7:34AM #5
keesiewonder
I have just one sibling, and he just got married earlier this year. So, in a sense, I guess I am about to find out! We have always been very close, despite a double digit age difference. (I'm older.) I expect we will carry on the same as before; in fact my sister-in-law mentioned a few days ago that her parents would like the three of us to come to their home over the holidays.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook