Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Divorce Forum!
4 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2010 - 1:28AM #91
ArnieBeeGut

Hello Angela, and welcome to the Divorce & Separation forum! It has been very quite here of late, but the forum is definitely still "open" and is a place for support and encouragement for people going through pain and difficulty in their marriages or committed relationships.

Maybe you would be willing to start a thread that talks about what you are experiencing. I'm sure that you will receive useful feedback from the members here.

Blessings,
ArnieBeeGut
Beliefnet Community Host
Divorce & Separation

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2011 - 10:35PM #92
Paige5211

Hello,

Is this still going?  It looks as if it's been a year since others have posted.  I ended a 30 year marriage in April.  It's been long in coming but still was hoping to find a support group.  Even a necessary divorce that helped me to finally find peace and start to move forward is the worst kind of pain.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone and so it makes it hard to talk to friends.  They don't know the experience (which I'm glad for them) and I don't want to always talk about stuff with them.  All of the familiar communities that we were involved in have changed now.  It's too lonely to go to the places we went, even though I would be welcome.  Also, mutual friends seem to be struggling with it and yet haven't experienced what went on so can't possibly understand it. 

Well, here's hoping.

Paige5258

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 11:27AM #93
ArnieBeeGut

Paige5258,

Welcome to Beliefnet and this little corner!

It’s been a long time since anyone (before you) has posted to this Welcome thread, but if you look below you will see more recent activity. It has been slow, however. Comatose, perhaps, but rumors of its death are greatly exaggerated! ;)

You will find a loving supportive group here, many of whom have gone through the pain of a hurting marriage and divorce. It is difficult to talk about, which is why writing here can be a positive experience. Sometimes it helps just to express painful feelings. Unfortunately, many friends find it difficult to hear, probably since they have not experienced it, as you point out. It is hard to see people and places that were once associated with happier times now be a sad reminder of what has been lost.

I encourage you to start your own thread below (click on the “New Thread” button and type away).

Blessings,
Arnie

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2011 - 5:50PM #94
Paige5211

Jun 14, 2011 -- 11:27AM, ArnieBeeGut wrote:

Paige5258,

Welcome to Beliefnet and this little corner!

It’s been a long time since anyone (before you) has posted to this Welcome thread, but if you look below you will see more recent activity. It has been slow, however. Comatose, perhaps, but rumors of its death are greatly exaggerated! ;)

You will find a loving supportive group here, many of whom have gone through the pain of a hurting marriage and divorce. It is difficult to talk about, which is why writing here can be a positive experience. Sometimes it helps just to express painful feelings. Unfortunately, many friends find it difficult to hear, probably since they have not experienced it, as you point out. It is hard to see people and places that were once associated with happier times now be a sad reminder of what has been lost.

I encourage you to start your own thread below (click on the “New Thread” button and type away).

Blessings,
Arnie

Thank you Arnie, for getting back and the encouraging words.  I will try the thread. 

Paige5211

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 20, 2012 - 5:23PM #95
MelAnn

I just wanted to say hello... I just joined here on BeliefNet and have had a very long and hard past year.. Last year at the same time, I had separated from my husband, and then tried to work it out after 8 months of being separated.  The first month back, it was good.. as of last Tuesday I left out of my safety.  I work from home and usually just around a small amount of friends and my family.  I have 3 children and a grandbaby on the way.  I am just hoping for some inspiration to carry on through my divorce and support and making new friends.  I also want to say Happy Thanksgiving.. and I am just thankful for the friends I do have and my family Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2013 - 5:01AM #96
Anelly6

Hello, I'm new here, and new to posting on community boards too. I have been separated for over 6 months now and still can't find any relief from the bouts of depression that keep attacking me on a daily basis. I am completely lost as to how to move forward from this point on as my heart is broken and everything feels so hopeless. I have read some of your posts and they are encouraging, and it comforting to know that I am not the only one going through this type of loss (though I wish for your sake I was). I am definitely in mourning over this relationship breakup and I cannot seem to move forward or past it. Any and all of your suggestions would be very welcome and of course your prayers for His guidance will be thankfully accepted.

Newella

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2013 - 5:02AM #97
Anelly6

Nov 20, 2012 -- 5:23PM, MelAnn wrote:

I just wanted to say hello... I just joined here on BeliefNet and have had a very long and hard past year.. Last year at the same time, I had separated from my husband, and then tried to work it out after 8 months of being separated.  The first month back, it was good.. as of last Tuesday I left out of my safety.  I work from home and usually just around a small amount of friends and my family.  I have 3 children and a grandbaby on the way.  I am just hoping for some inspiration to carry on through my divorce and support and making new friends.  I also want to say Happy Thanksgiving.. and I am just thankful for the friends I do have and my family Smile

I hope things are well with you Mel, and I pray for your safety and happiness in this New Year.

Newella

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 10 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook