Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Bottling Company Voluntarily Recalls 14 Brands of Water Due to Possible E. Coli
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2015 - 12:06PM #1
Stardove
Bottling Company Voluntarily Recalls 14 Brands of Water Due to Possible E. Coli

A water bottling company is issuing a voluntary recall due to a possible E. coli contamination and urging people to boil their bottled water first or avoid drinking it altogether.

Niagara Bottling said today that one of its spring sources has a "positive indication" of E. coli, which the company said indicates that the water may be contaminated with human or animal wastes. The company said it has not received any reports of illness or injury.

"As the spring source did not notify us in a timely manner, we have discontinued the use of this source," the company said.

Out of caution, the company said it is recalling all its spring water products produced at its facilities in Hamburg and Allentown, Pennsylvania, from June 10, 3 a.m., to June 18, 8 p.m., 2015.

The products were sold under the following 14 brands:

Acadia, Acme, Big Y, Best Yet, 7-11, Niagara, Nature’s Place, Pricerite, Superchill, Morning Fresh, Shaw's, Shoprite, Western Beef Blue and Wegman’s.

Niagara advised customers to boil the affected water for one minute and let it cool before using.

More at link with video.  I would say return it to the store. Surprised
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2015 - 4:23PM #2
mountain_man

I would say don't waste your money on water that's more expensive than gasoline.

It's funny, I know people in the East San Francisco Bay Area that won't drink the tap water there. The supplier, East Bay Municipal Utility District, affectionately called East Bay MUD, has consistently been selected as some of the best tasting, cleanest, water in the US.

It's even funnier that these same people buy bottled water that has been bought from East Bay MUD, bottled, and sold at a great profit. They won't drink water out of the pipe but pay to have it put in unhealthy, and environmentally disastrous, plastic bottles. Makes no sense to me.

I don't drink bottled water. If I need to carry water, I have several, reusable, metal containers that I refill from my kitchen sink. My water comes from my own 700 foot deep well. It's better, and cleaner, than any municipal water source..... but.... my friends from the East Bay still insist on nasty plastic from a commercial, and quality unknown, source.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.   Isaac Asimov
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2015 - 5:34PM #3
rocketjsquirell

Why do people buy water? Tap water is safer. Actually most bottled water is tap water which is bottled by someone and sold for a profit.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2015 - 11:41PM #4
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook