Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View buddy being lied about
3 years ago  ::  Jul 15, 2014 - 10:54AM #1
leepricex
I work for a college. A buddy of mine in a different department is having trouble with his co-worker telling lies about him- saying that he isn't coming in on time, etc. My pal Brad is an outstanding worker, and the co-worker is lying due to personal reasons- she just doesn't like him. Ginny is the one who doesn't do her work, has a bad temper, and gives major attitude to the customers. (Ginny and Brad are in IT.) Ginny is friends with their boss Micki, so I know that she's going to get away with it. I wish I could help Brad. I have offered to vouch for him as far as the time question goes, but I want to do more. I suggested that Brad go to Micki's boss, but he says that it may get him fired. It makes me angry that Ginny is getting away with what she's doing. Brad is probably going to leave and I hate it. Can anybody think of how I can help Brad? He does a great job and doesn't deserve the lying. I hate that Ginny and Micki are such friends, and Micki is NOT objective at all. She just takes Ginny's word! Frown
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2014 - 9:12AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

leepricex:

In my experience, mental health consumers have tended to express unhappiness!

I am well aware of interpersonal games in organisations. Yell The employee is correct in expecting retaliation for speaking out!

Take him out socially, and make a fuss of him.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook