Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Convienience - Not Cost - Is Making Us Fat
2 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2012 - 6:23PM #11
3neez

We drink a lot of Sun Tea as we call it. It's really just tea with help from the Sun. A little sugar and if you want to try it, squeeze some really good orange juice into it. Makes me goosebumply thinking about it.

I think I've had one chain fastfood hamburger this month. I'm a sucker for oatmeal cookies with walnuts and raisins. I am at my most "sinful" around them. I even hoard a stash of them when we bake them up. eeeeeeeeeeeeee 

Thank you to all the police officers, sheriff’s deputies, corrections officers, detectives, parole officers, probation officers, SWAT team members, traffic cops, police supervisors, law enforcement managers, and police chiefs from around the world.  Thank you for all that you do to protect and serve our communities and make the world a better place. All lives count.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2012 - 6:26PM #12
3neez

If you have any White Oaks near you, roast up some of their acorns and spice them the way you like, you have to experiment, and try those. Some acorns are bitter as gall.

Thank you to all the police officers, sheriff’s deputies, corrections officers, detectives, parole officers, probation officers, SWAT team members, traffic cops, police supervisors, law enforcement managers, and police chiefs from around the world.  Thank you for all that you do to protect and serve our communities and make the world a better place. All lives count.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2012 - 4:47PM #13
mytmouse57

I hate to keep pounding one particular pulpit but...

Lack of activity.

Lack of activiy.

Lack of activity.

All the diet adjustments and calorie counting in the world won't do Jack for you if you don't get out and get moving. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2012 - 7:37PM #14
Shusha

Um, do people not know that they can just steam veggies in a pot?  Or in the microwave with a little bit of water.  They don't need to buy the processed steam bags. 

I think people need to fall in love with good, real food again, remember to love cooking and spend just 20 minutes a day in the kitchen with their families preparing a meal.  What else are they doing with their time?  Watching Toddlers and Tiaras?  Ick. 

And yes to the activity!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2012 - 8:59PM #15
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2012 - 9:54PM #16
klm

yes lack of activity and fast foods.   

howmany of you were treated regularly to fast foods  when you were a kid.    and I bet after you finished your homework or all day Saturday you were outside running around.  

I know before I got a computer I was out more doing errands and puttering around the house, when I wasn't working.   

So I agree about the fast food.    Lots of it tastes good.    People pack on the weight so slowly and see so many others that are overweifht we've become used to it.   

It's a cycle, we eat, get fat, don't want to cook because we have become lazy.  so we eat more, get fatter and more lazy.     

It's true though lots of the healthy food is ofd limits for some.    I can stock up on cheap pasta but I think twice when the store wants amost 4.00 for one layer of rasberrys.    I counted through the package once and found that one contained 23 rasberrys!  2.00 for a fresh tomatoe!    

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook