Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Alcohol and chocolate are good for you
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:27PM #11
mountain_man

Mar 28, 2012 -- 7:22PM, IreneAdler wrote:

Well you know, the oldest living person ever, Jeanne Calment, attributed her longevity to port wine and chocolate (a kilogram per week).

Try this Late Harvest Zin. With a dark chocolate, it's too good for words.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:40PM #12
REteach

Alas, I didn't have any wine today, but I do have some homemade chocolate sauce to put on some homemade ice cream.  Maybe I'll catch up on the vino tomorrow. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 8:57PM #13
Stardove

My chocolate loving husband stopped the TV and came and got me..."here you've got to see this" he says.

It was about how chocolate is good for you.  Laughing

That was all the proof he needed!!!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:21PM #14
mountain_man

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:57PM, Stardove wrote:

My chocolate loving husband stopped the TV and came and got me..."here you've got to see this" he says.

It was about how chocolate is good for you. 

That's only dark chocolate that's physically good for you. White "chocolate" is for mental health. The wine is for both. Cool

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:46PM #15
Stardove

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:21PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 8:57PM, Stardove wrote:

It was about how chocolate is good for you. 

That's only dark chocolate that's physically good for you. White "chocolate" is for mental health. The wine is for both.

No wonder dark and white chocolate are my favorites, as well as red wine. Cool

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:56PM #16
teilhard

So ... Indeed I simply ENJOY the Cabernet and the Fine Dark BitterSweet Chocolate for their DELICIOUSNESS ...

Mar 28, 2012 -- 7:49PM, arielg wrote:

Human organisms are the result of a lot of things.  Food, emotions, genes, environment, particular circumstances, etc. 

Studies that single out  particular elements and extrapolate sweeping conclusiopns are silly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:51AM #17
mountain_man

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:46PM, Stardove wrote:

No wonder dark and white chocolate are my favorites, as well as red wine.

Try it with that wine I mentioned earlier. It's a sweet desert wine made with moldy (Botrytis cinerea) grapes. This is the wine the gods on Mt. Olympus drank along with their ambrosia.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:01PM #18
Girlchristian

Well you know, the oldest living person ever, Jeanne Calment, attributed her longevity to port wine and chocolate (a kilogram per week).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

I think it would be good to emulate her example.

Irene.

I used to work at a bar and one of our regulars was 95 and every day the retirement center that he lived at would drive him to the bar for lunch where he would have a grilled cheese sandwich, a dry martini, and a cigar...he claimed that's why he lived for so long. :-)

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 12:09PM #19
teilhard

If only, if only, his Grilled Cheese Sandwich had been served up with a Side Order of Hot Fudge, he probably would still be alive today ...

Mar 29, 2012 -- 12:01PM, Girlchristian wrote:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment

I think it would be good to emulate her example.

Irene.

I used to work at a bar and one of our regulars was 95 and every day the retirement center that he lived at would drive him to the bar for lunch where he would have a grilled cheese sandwich, a dry martini, and a cigar...he claimed that's why he lived for so long. :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 1:26AM #20
rangerken

Chocolate is an essential food group to all those who have a double X chromosome!

Right ladies?????

As for alcohol, all I can say is thank GOD I'm neither a Muslim nor a Mormon!

'HIC'

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook