Page 48 of 51  •  Prev 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 11:34AM #471
mountain_man

Mar 29, 2012 -- 11:05AM, christine3 wrote:

This may be that using sharp knives has gone to power tools.  However, because the majority PS meat is sold to companies that make nuggets and hamburger patties for fast food restaurants...

Do you have anything to back that up with?

...people don't scrutinize when they buy their 'happy' meals.  Yet the feel and look of the product in one's mouth tells us that it is not all meat.

Of course not, there's lettuce, pickle, and a sesame seed bun.

This can' be because of the removal method.

Why not?

There are other things in the product.  They should be honest and tell us what is in.  People have the right to know what they are eating.

You imagine that there is something else in the meat and then accuse the seller of being dishonest! Again, why do you make this stuff up?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 2:19PM #472
arielg

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:10PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:29PM, Stardove wrote:

While closing of plants may not be good for the economy eating certain meat products which are not healthy isn't good for the body....just an opinion by me.

But not one person here, or in the news, has proven, or even given a rational argument about, the claim that finely textured beef trimmings are in any way harmful or unhealthy.

It is not just textured beef trimmings.  There care chemicals added.  Many people have died.  You certainly cannot prove that their death is not related   to the damage done by all the accumulated  crap they ate through the years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 2:28PM #473
Esdraelon

Mar 29, 2012 -- 2:19PM, arielg wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:10PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 9:29PM, Stardove wrote:

While closing of plants may not be good for the economy eating certain meat products which are not healthy isn't good for the body....just an opinion by me.

But not one person here, or in the news, has proven, or even given a rational argument about, the claim that finely textured beef trimmings are in any way harmful or unhealthy.

It is not just textured beef trimmings.  There care chemicals added.  Many people have died.  You certainly cannot prove that their death is not related   to the damage done by all the accumulated  crap they ate through the years.

Once only used in dog food and cooking oil, the trimmings are now sprayed with ammonia so they are safe to eat and added to most ground beef as a cheaper filler.

According to Custer, the product is not really beef, but “a salvage product … fat that had been heated at a low temperature and the excess fat spun out.”

The “pink slime” is made by gathering waste trimmings, simmering them at low heat so the fat separates easily from the muscle, and spinning the trimmings using a centrifuge to complete the separation. Next, the mixture is sent through pipes where it is sprayed with ammonia gas to kill bacteria. The process is completed by packaging the meat into bricks. Then, it is frozen and shipped to grocery stores and meat packers, where it is added to most ground beef.

The “pink slime” does not have to appear on the label because, over objections of its own scientists, USDA officials with links to the beef industry labeled it meat.

“The under secretary said, ‘it’s pink, therefore it’s meat,’” Custer told ABC News.

abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/7...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 4:31PM #474
Stardove

If you click on the You Tube you can watch this in full screen.  As someone who doesn't it meat it's not easy to watch, but I did.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:09PM #475
arielg

Thank you Stardove. Great video.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:11PM #476
christine3

Thank you Stardove,

It was a horrible video.  That Mr. Oliver is a brave man for doing that.  Couldn't help but notice the faces of the onlookers.  

Here is an article about China's McDonald's.  After hearing of Pink Slime in China, people are recoiling also.  They are mad, and should be.  When McDonald's announces that they use 100% pure beef, it means only that other animals like pig, etc. are not in it.  It is the same farce that the word "natural" on a product turned out to be.  Buyer beware.  I hope the U.S. Department of Agriculture cleans up their act.  

micgadget.com/21883/food-safety-standard...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:13PM #477
Esdraelon

Mar 29, 2012 -- 5:11PM, christine3 wrote:

Thank you Stardove,

It was a horrible video.  That Mr. Oliver is a brave man for doing that.  Couldn't help but notice the faces of the onlookers.  

Here is an article about China's McDonald's.  After hearing of Pink Slime in China, people are recoiling also.  They are mad, and should be.  When McDonald's announces that they use 100% pure beef, it means only that other animals like pig, etc. are not in it.  It is the same farce that the word "natural" on a product turned out to be.  Buyer beware.  I hope the U.S. Department of Agriculture cleans up their act.  

micgadget.com/21883/food-safety-standard...

Can't wait to see what the resident expert of all has to say........

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:23PM #478
Esdraelon

Mar 29, 2012 -- 5:16PM, arielg wrote:

You just said it...

Not sure what you mean, but at least I hold that my posts are my opinion....and that opinion is based upon facts...others feel that there is only oe way to approach the facts : by arriving at their opinion...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:27PM #479
arielg

Didn't come out right. I wasn't referring to you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2012 - 5:28PM #480
mountain_man

Mar 29, 2012 -- 2:19PM, arielg wrote:

It is not just textured beef trimmings.  There care chemicals added.

What chemicals and what harm are they proven to cause?

Many people have died.

Name them.

You certainly cannot prove that their death is not related   to the damage done by all the accumulated  crap they ate through the years.

They also ate carrots in those years. Prove it was not the carrots.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 48 of 51  •  Prev 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook