Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Bacon and cancer: A link?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 12:06PM #71
Roodog

Rabello,

Grain, fruit and nuts ARE the reproductive mechanisms of plants, they are or contain the seeds of the plants, so we all suck.

Root plants are killed when harvested and so are cereal crops. Trees have their children taken away from them when we harvest fruits and nuts.

Agriculture is nasty business. It's herbicide!

I am sure if you ate too much of any given food whether it bacon or beans, you would get some kind of cancer. If you live long enough, you will get cancer, the cells are already in everybody's body.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 9:32PM #72
solfeggio

Roodog -

You don't understand what is happening when a tree produces apples or pears or plums.  These fruits are not the 'children' of the tree.  It's quite the opposite.  The tree produces flowers which are pollinated by bees and grow into fruit.  The fruit is then discarded by the tree - on purpose - so that the seeds in those fruits can be eaten by animals and later voided by the animal.  The idea is that those seeds will grow into another tree.

If you want to lower your cancer risk, do a little research into diet, and you'll see that avoiding saturated fat is high on the list of foods not to eat.  Various studies have shown that men who eat less animal fat and more monounsaturated (vegetable) fat have lower rates of prostate cancer.

Oils that contain omega 3, such as flaxseed, canola, sunflower, and virgin olive oil are good for you (although they shouldn't be subjected to high temperatures).

A high fibre diet (vegetables, fruits, legumes, and grains) protects against cancer.

Eating crucifoeous vegetables (cabbage family) can lower your cancer risk by 40%.

No way are carrots, apples, cucumbers, melons, walnuts, or almonds, to list just a few foods, ever going to give anybody cancer!

The bottom line is that the best way to lower your risk of developing cancer is to switch from an animal-based diet to a plant-based diet.  This has been proven over and over again in studies done on vegetarians and Seventh Day Adventists.

Carrots do not cause cancer.  In fact, falcarinol, a compound found in carrots, reduces cancer risk.

Nuts do not cause high cholesterol.  They actually help prevent the absorption of cholesterol.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 10:59PM #73
jane2

Jan 24, 2012 -- 9:32PM, solfeggio wrote:

Roodog -

You don't understand what is happening when a tree produces apples or pears or plums.  These fruits are not the 'children' of the tree.  It's quite the opposite.  The tree produces flowers which are pollinated by bees and grow into fruit.  The fruit is then discarded by the tree - on purpose - so that the seeds in those fruits can be eaten by animals and later voided by the animal.  The idea is that those seeds will grow into another tree.

If you want to lower your cancer risk, do a little research into diet, and you'll see that avoiding saturated fat is high on the list of foods not to eat.  Various studies have shown that men who eat less animal fat and more monounsaturated (vegetable) fat have lower rates of prostate cancer.

Oils that contain omega 3, such as flaxseed, canola, sunflower, and virgin olive oil are good for you (although they shouldn't be subjected to high temperatures).

A high fibre diet (vegetables, fruits, legumes, and grains) protects against cancer.

Eating crucifoeous vegetables (cabbage family) can lower your cancer risk by 40%.

No way are carrots, apples, cucumbers, melons, walnuts, or almonds, to list just a few foods, ever going to give anybody cancer!

The bottom line is that the best way to lower your risk of developing cancer is to switch from an animal-based diet to a plant-based diet.  This has been proven over and over again in studies done on vegetarians and Seventh Day Adventists.

Carrots do not cause cancer.  In fact, falcarinol, a compound found in carrots, reduces cancer risk.

Nuts do not cause high cholesterol.  They actually help prevent the absorption of cholesterol.

Who on earth really wants to be constantly on alert about what food they consume? Make reasonable choices and get on with it. One can be aware of one's choices without being on a constant crusade.

I see so little joy in life in your posts. For pete's sake I had a fun hour today with my young hairstylist. Your posts seem to indicate some terribly sad genes. Tonight I had the last of the beef-mushroom-barley soup I made sometime ago--froze half. I used one beef shinbone for about ten meals.

Think I'll buy some beef chuck tomorrow to make pot roast with carrotsand potates. Course I do keep some beef filet steaks in my freezer--yummy with baked potato and butter.Also keep some chicken and loin prk chopsin said freezer. I enjoy cooking even though I now live alone. Will probably give half the pot roast to my daughter. Our family diet over 7 decades included only occasional processed meat : something little favored by Irish/English/American upper middle class families--ya know the Irish linen crowd. ;)............................

My dad and grandfather were engineers, my kids all math wonks, but conversation and intellectual pursuits also reigned. Andmy oldest grandson is tearing it up on scholarship at MIT : taking skiing lessons for a mid-semester ski venture with classmates.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 25, 2012 - 12:31AM #74
rabello

Jan 24, 2012 -- 12:06PM, Roodog wrote:

Rabello,

Grain, fruit and nuts ARE the reproductive mechanisms of plants, they are or contain the seeds of the plants, so we all suck.

Grains, fruits and nuts, are not "genitalia" as you claimed.

Root plants are killed when harvested and so are cereal crops.

You didn't mention that roots are "genitalia"

Trees have their children taken away from them when we harvest fruits and nuts.

That's why they've evolved to produce LOTS of seeds, inside a protective covering, whether it be an apple, or a pear, a peapod, or a shell.

I am sure if you ate too much of any given food whether it bacon or beans, you would get some kind of cancer. If you live long enough, you will get cancer, the cells are already in everybody's body.

Not really.   Studies certainly show that eating red meat increases the cancer risk, just like smoking increases the cancer risk.  Some people beat the odds and live a long time even though they don't take care of themselves, and others die an early death, from cancer, and that is especially tragic for a mother or father with dependent children.  

In this case, knowledge is power.  For someone who lost a parent at an early age to pancreatic cancer the study showing a link between eating bacon and pancreatic cancer would be important information to know.   Those who think they'll beat the odds because of their superior genes, or whatever, are free to pooh-pooh other people's concerns.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 12:54AM #75
Kevinreeve

Your digestion is primarily governed by a vital endocrine organ called pancreas. As being a gland, it produces chemicals that are rousing the creation of digestive enzymes through specific internal organs for undertaking meals digestion as well as consumption.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook