Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Hot Topic? Petition Asking Sesame Street to Teach Kids about Breastfeeding
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 11:52AM #71
Fodaoson

Jan 13, 2012 -- 11:15AM, vra wrote:

If any of you have been to beaches where female toplessness or nudity is allowed, I think you can vouch for my experience that after a short while you really don't pay much attention to it.  Yes, you still may stare a bit at a beautiful or handsome person, but that would most likely happen if they had a bathing suit on anyway. 

OTOH, if you want to make an obsession with breasts, hide them-- that'll do it because our imaginations then tend to take over, and imagination is generally stronger than reality. 

Good point. After living in Europe for two years and in situations were topless swimming ,changing  clothing in semipublic occurs regularly and where nudity is not such hang up, I was on a beach in Spain. I was watching cruise ship an sailboats and the Mediterranean and had  been on beach for 10-15 minute before I realized that most of  the numerous young ladies on the  beach were topless.  The lack of tan lines made it less noticeable.  After a minute or two  of “girl watching “ my attention returned to  sail boats 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 4:39PM #72
Lonesentinel

Jan 11, 2012 -- 11:23PM, Erey wrote:

Jan 11, 2012 -- 7:03PM, MMarcoe wrote:

Jan 11, 2012 -- 5:41PM, Erey wrote:

I believe that a respectfull person is aware that any exposed breast is going to suck all of the attention out of the room. 

Right. But that's because our society fetishizes breasts. If it didn't, then exposing breasts wouldn't be an issure.

If we de-fetishized breasts -- such as by letting women expose them in a tasteful manner -- then the fetish would lose its power. That's the point.

Occasional flashes happen. 

Yeah, and that's what the fetishists are hoping for. We must cut them off at the pass by deflating their fetish.

Yeah we all know you would really like that wouldn't you?!  Just put boobs everywhere and then...... Men will be bored by them?   I don't think so.

Anyway, the fact that breasts are considered sexy is not a terrible thing.  I think it would be a bit disapointing if men lost all excitement for breasts. 

I dont think the idea that men might lose their excitement for boobs is possible - I know it is impossible for me...*grin*  As my wife may attest (depending on her mood) I am trainable to be polite and to ignore/not notice (at least enough to make others feel so) many things.  Am I 'cro-magnon' due to this fetish I have for these wounderful bags of fun?  Depending on your opinion, this maybe true, but my wife finds it delightful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2012 - 6:03PM #73
Erey

I don't know that exposure reduces the sexual attraction of breasts.

Breasts in europe are still pretty sexy.  I know in my younger years I went to Spain and decided to go to a topless beach near Malaga.  Not all of the beaches are topless in Spain but there are many. 

At this beach there were tons of topless women, grannies with grandchildren, young women and everything in between.  I figured it was a good time for me to experience it for myself so I went topless while on the blanket.  Would you believe these teen boys would flock around my blanket and oogle me and say stupid things I could not fully understand specificaly but got the meaning.  Evidentaly they were not immune to the charms of boobs and had been exposed to them since they were very small. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 4:55AM #74
shmuelgoldstein

Jan 10, 2012 -- 4:04PM, Girlchristian wrote:

... Now, some parents are pushing to bring breastfeeding back to public television. Specifically, on "Sesame Street." Now, some parents are asking the show to promote breastfeeding again.

"Back"? I didn't realize it was ever there.

In an event, it's ridiculous. It's not the purpose of the show.

Unless . . . .

They have shown in the past mothers bottle-feeding babies at one point. I don't know if they have.

I'm getting tired of this American obsession with all things sexual.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 11:18AM #75
Iwantamotto

Jan 17, 2012 -- 4:55AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Jan 10, 2012 -- 4:04PM, Girlchristian wrote:

... Now, some parents are pushing to bring breastfeeding back to public television. Specifically, on "Sesame Street." Now, some parents are asking the show to promote breastfeeding again.

"Back"? I didn't realize it was ever there.

In an event, it's ridiculous. It's not the purpose of the show.

Unless . . . .

They have shown in the past mothers bottle-feeding babies at one point. I don't know if they have.

Go find Sesame Street:  Old School on DVD.  It's the one with the silly PC warning label stating that "standards have changed" or whatever and the fact there's breastfeeding, kids playing on metal playgrounds, and such aren't cool now.

The purpose of the show is to bring up the education parents don't have time to.  The irritating thing for long-time fans of the show is to watch the decline of the show to the point where it's a ghost town catering to the toddlers, when it was a more balanced show age-wise.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 11:56AM #76
REteach

Jan 17, 2012 -- 4:55AM, shmuelgoldstein wrote:

Feeding a baby is sexual?  really? I breastfed my kids and it didn't seem very sexual to me.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 1:40PM #77
vra

I gotta tell ya a bit of a funny story.

The last time I was in Israel, I was at dinner with several other couples, and a lady sitting next to me began to feed her baby quite openly.  I knew she grew up in the States and moved to Israel after getting married, so I asked her whether Israelis were more open to public breast feeding than most Americans, and she said yes.  Then I asked her whether she had any difficulty since she grew up elsewhere, and she said she did at first.

What happened to change that, however, was that one day she was breast feeding her first child in a restaurant, being quite discreed about it by using a thin blanket, and an elderly man with an American accent looked at her like she was committing gross indecency.  She got so angry that she put the baby in her lap, pulled the blanket up, pulled her top open and asked the man if it bothered him even more to see both of them? 

The man walked out, and she overcame her shyness. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 2:06PM #78
REteach

Good for her.  Projecting one's own smutty mind onto someone else, especially in a way that deprives a child.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2012 - 2:39PM #79
mountain_man

Jan 17, 2012 -- 11:56AM, REteach wrote:

Feeding a baby is sexual?  really? I breastfed my kids and it didn't seem very sexual to me.

Maybe not sexual, but orgasmic. My ex breastfed both our daughters. After the first month or so of sore nipples she would experience a kind of orgasm. It is not uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to have this experience. She said it was not the kind she often had during sex, but was more serene, more of a giant relaxation. It was sort of natures reward for breastfeeding.

Tips from a lactation expert from La Lache League helped quite a lot after our first was born. Those people are GREAT! My ex has a slight handicap and this woman would come to our house for a visit at least once a month. Most often every two weeks.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2012 - 7:03PM #80
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement