Post Reply
Switch to Forum Live View Severe Food Allergies And Schools:Should Banning Be Allowed?
2 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2011 - 8:59PM #1
jesusfreakgal
Posts: 937
To me this can be a little bit of a tough one. If the only thing that could make a child who has the allergy to a particular food sick is actually consuming the food, banning it from the school might not be necessary. But what if the allergy was like how many peanut allergies are? Once sniff and the person can go into anaphylactic shock? If that is the case, I whole heartedly think that schoold SHOULD ban the particular food.

JFG
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 23, 2011 - 11:19AM #2
jesusfreakgal
Posts: 937

I was  reading the comments to an article about something (about a school that banned something) and the commenters all started talking about food allergies and banning or not them in school. A bunch of the commenters seemed to feel that it was not fair to ban a food at a school simply because one student was allergic to it. Some even pretty much said that there are too many food allergies to make this a good idea. But when it comes to food allergies that make someone sick by more then simply injesting or touching it (i.e. smelling it can cause them great harm) then it is definitely not wise to allow students to bring the food to the school, no matter how much the school educates the students about the allergy and how much they let the students know who has the allergy.


JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook