Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switch to Forum Live View Who Should Be Allowed To Adopt?
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2011 - 9:53PM #81
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2011 - 11:34PM #82
jesusfreakgal

For me the gay couple adoption thing is more tricky because I do not believe in homosexuality. But when it comes to single people, I think that is just wrong. Some people have the strong desire to raise children, but have no desire to get married. Now I understand the whole man adopting a baby girl or woman adopting a baby boy and the charity being worried about the same gender influence on the child's life. Aside from that, I don't undetstand (regarding single people), now if its the case of unmarried couples I kind of slightly understand. You could have a couple who is together for quite some time who moves in together. They talk of adopting children, but not getting married. They could just get to the point where they were legally considered a common law couple and then they go through the whole adoption process. I could be (not sure how often it happens) that one person ends up wanting the child much more then the other, and soon after the adoption is finalized, the couple seperates and stuff, and one parent wants nothing to do with teh child or what not.

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 12:00AM #83
robinsgarret

Oct 22, 2011 -- 11:34PM, jesusfreakgal wrote:

For me the gay couple adoption thing is more tricky because I do not believe in homosexuality. But when it comes to single people, I think that is just wrong. Some people have the strong desire to raise children, but have no desire to get married. Now I understand the whole man adopting a baby girl or woman adopting a baby boy and the charity being worried about the same gender influence on the child's life. Aside from that, I don't undetstand (regarding single people), now if its the case of unmarried couples I kind of slightly understand. You could have a couple who is together for quite some time who moves in together. They talk of adopting children, but not getting married. They could just get to the point where they were legally considered a common law couple and then they go through the whole adoption process. I could be (not sure how often it happens) that one person ends up wanting the child much more then the other, and soon after the adoption is finalized, the couple seperates and stuff, and one parent wants nothing to do with teh child or what not.

JFG

Wow JFG, you have an interesting way of characterizing millions of people all with unique lives, inspirations and dreams into a few superficial characterizations.  Your post did inspire me however.

I no longer believe in heterosexuality.  Poof.  Does not exist.  That has given me a whole new unique perspective on this issue.  How dare Catholic Charities even consider adopting out to two individuals who cannot even use the same public bathroom!!??  I mean, what if one of them is changing the baby and has some sort of attack and the other hears about it by cell phone but can't get to them....!  How could Catholic Charities do something like that??

Thank you JFG for the new lease on logic.  I am now going to go ponder other burning issues.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 2:29PM #84
jesusfreakgal

I don't want to cause a fight, but please don't be rude to me. Just because I don't believe in it (as in I think it's wrong, not as in it doesn't exist. I never actually said it didn't exist). 

JFG

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 2:47PM #85
robinsgarret

Oct 23, 2011 -- 2:29PM, jesusfreakgal wrote:

I don't want to cause a fight, but please don't be rude to me. Just because I don't believe in it (as in I think it's wrong, not as in it doesn't exist. I never actually said it didn't exist). 

JFG

When someone says they don't "believe in X", that means they don't believe it exists.  If I don't "believe in the tooth fairy", I don't beleive such an entity exists.  I would not have made a comment on whether I think the purchase of teeth in the dead of night is a moral activity.

I was not being rude to you, I was critical of your arguement and the offensive characterizations of prospective parents-- particularly those who are reaching out to children in need within the fostercare system.  

I also think your judgement against homosexuality is rude, as is your dismissal of gay parents as not even being worthy of adoption consideration because of your imaginations of their sexual intimacies... which, have nothing to do with their relationships with their children.

So-- if you detected rudeness, you may have been picking up on my post's echoing of the tone of your original post.  You may want to see how rude you were being yourself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 7:12AM #86
jesusfreakgal

I made a mistake and said it wrong. I am sorry for the mix up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 5:20PM #87
MarleneEmmett5

this is a very interesting question?
the reason I say this is that I was given up at birth 57 years ago in 1954.
My birth dad skipped out on my biologicial mother in the first trimester and she gave me up
when I was borne and she also gave up my baby sister in 1963.

Now the couple I was adopted by in 1954 were turned down 5 years later when they
wanted to adopt a second child. The reason the agency stated was they said they were
too old, but that wasn't true. Both of them were under the 40 year age cut off.

now back in the day when I was adopted things were tight money wise.
I asked my mom once "What did you go thru to adopt me?"
She told me to watch a film called "Penny Serenade" with Irene Dunn/Cary Grant.
The story is similar to mine.
Worst mistake I ever made to watch that film. It's a tear jerker.

If you want to adopt a child you should be able to do so.
No matter the age,medical condition you have.
Orphan children need loving homes to grow up in.
There shouldn't be discrimanation attached to adoptions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook