Post Reply
Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View McDonald's Making Change to Happy Meal
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 2:35PM #21
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Rule of Thumb:  A healthy meal never gets handed out of a drive through window.


Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 10:10PM #22
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,572

It's real simple.


 


If you don't like McDonalds --


 


THEN QUIT GOING OVER THERE TO GET FOOD.


 

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2011 - 11:09PM #23
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Jul 28, 2011 -- 10:10PM, Mlyons619 wrote:


It's real simple.


 


If you don't like McDonalds --


 


THEN QUIT GOING OVER THERE TO GET FOOD.


 




Agreed.  And basically what I said several posts ago.


I don't go to McD's.  If I am going to splurge, health wise, on something like a burger, I want it to be a good one.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 12:01AM #24
solfeggio
Posts: 9,467

As the title of the blog points out, who put McDonald's in charge of kids' health?


www.appetiteforprofit.com/2011/07/27/who...


The company comes up with these stupid, meaningless ideas simply to get more publicity. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 2:49AM #25
jane2
Posts: 14,295

Jul 29, 2011 -- 12:01AM, solfeggio wrote:


As the title of the blog points out, who put McDonald's in charge of kids' health?


www.appetiteforprofit.com/2011/07/27/who...


The company comes up with these stupid, meaningless ideas simply to get more publicity. 




Few of us care!!!! Mickey Dees visits are rare.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 3:01AM #26
DotNotInOz
Posts: 6,833
I find it frighteningly amusing that MickD's now sells oatmeal as part of its self-proclaimed move toward healthier fare.

I bet it's disgusting. I've rarely had good oatmeal in even table service restaurants. I can't imagine that McD's would sell oatmeal tastier than the instant junk.

Has anyone tried it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 8:27AM #27
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Jul 29, 2011 -- 3:01AM, DotNotInOz wrote:

I find it frighteningly amusing that MickD's now sells oatmeal as part of its self-proclaimed move toward healthier fare.   I bet it's disgusting. I've rarely had good oatmeal in even table service restaurants. I can't imagine that McD's would sell oatmeal tastier than the instant junk.  Has anyone tried it?



Dot,


Read some the analysis available online.  The way they fix the oatmeal, added sugars in it and the fruits, etc., it is actually less healthy than an Egg McMuffin.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 9:12AM #28
IreneAdler
Posts: 2,849




Guess we should be impressed- takes real initiative to make even oatmeal bad for you.




Not disagreeing with folks regarding not patronizing McDs. I spent Monday evenings last semester at a local community college.  Watched loads of students (late teens to fifties in age) bring in McDs for dinner.  Pretty sad as it showed on their waistlines.   But McD’s is located close to campus.  Smart marketing.



Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 12:49PM #29
rabello
Posts: 22,031

Jul 29, 2011 -- 2:49AM, jane2 wrote:


Jul 29, 2011 -- 12:01AM, solfeggio wrote:


As the title of the blog points out, who put McDonald's in charge of kids' health?


www.appetiteforprofit.com/2011/07/27/who...


The company comes up with these stupid, meaningless ideas simply to get more publicity. 




Few of us care!!!! Mickey Dees visits are rare.




Some of us won't care anymore once there is true universal health care in this country and poor people who frequent places like McDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King most of all don't get their care in the emergency room, and when the obesity epidemic among the nation's children is no longer an epidemic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2011 - 3:54PM #30
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Jul 29, 2011 -- 3:01AM, DotNotInOz wrote:

I find it frighteningly amusing that MickD's now sells oatmeal as part of its self-proclaimed move toward healthier fare.   I bet it's disgusting.


Everything they sell is disgusting. That's why I've never understood their popularity. Their food tastes bad and has an unpleasant texture. I remember the first time I ate one of their hamburgers. I took one bite and spit it out.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook