Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View The perils of fast food and coffee
4 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 5:22PM #31
Christianlib

Also, it's been shown recently that a little cinnamon every day will help reduce blood sugar.  Right on top of your morning coffee is a tasty place to sprinkle it--and, no, I don't mean at an overpriced Starbucks.  I mean on the coffee you make at home for about 10% of what Coffeebucks charges.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 5:32PM #32
Stardove

Apr 4, 2011 -- 5:22PM, Christianlib wrote:

Also, it's been shown recently that a little cinnamon every day will help reduce blood sugar.  Right on top of your morning coffee is a tasty place to sprinkle it--and, no, I don't mean at an overpriced Starbucks.  I mean on the coffee you make at home for about 10% of what Coffeebucks charges.

I attempt to remember to take cinnamon pills everyday.  Most days I do remember.  Type 2 diabetes runs in my maternal family, so I want to be pro-active.

I taken to having local honey sprinkled with cinnamon on a tortilla. Good stuff.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2011 - 6:23PM #33
DotNotInOz

Apr 4, 2011 -- 11:04AM, Erey wrote:

I can understand how someone might miss a wheat allergy but not a nut allergy.

And I on the other hand can understand how someone might miss both. Allergies do not always manifest immediately by severe reactions such as anaphylaxis.

The violent allergic reaction to which you refer may either be the first indication of an allergy or may be the culmination of less severe or even unnoticed reactions that occurred for some time previously. There's no way to tell for certain, although allergists do say that it's always possible for someone with mild reactions suddenly and unpredictably to go into anaphylaxis which is why it's generally better to avoid any food to which a person reacts at all if it can be determined that is the source. 

And now we have children so violently allergic that they simply cannot be in the same cafeteria with a pb&j sandwich.  Sharing the same area with that sandwich makes them violently ill.  That is NEW!

I don't know. Perhaps such severe allergies are a very new phenomenon. But I think it important to realize that we don't know to what extent these children may have had mild reactions that suddenly became extreme ones.

There could easily be other causes such as the depleted soil you mentioned, hybridization and other deliberate alterations we've made in the plants, chemical fertilizers and pesticides--who knows?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 5:03PM #34
drawout

So,as a type two diabetic I now need to drop coffee and choose between crack cocain or crystal meth.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2011 - 5:30PM #35
Christianlib

DO,

Modern life seems to be a constant string of "Which Drug This Week" choices.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2011 - 10:03PM #36
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement