Post Reply
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View G. Beck/Diet Coke and Blindness
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:34PM #1
Erey
Posts: 18,419

I thought this group would enjoy this discussion. 


www.infowars.com/warning-to-glenn-beck-d...


Glen Beck as you might know has had some serious health problems of late.  In short he is having problems with blindness macular degeneration - serious stuff. 


Supposidly although he eschews coffee because of his Mormon faith he drinks copious amounts of diet coke.  Which I would believe he seems rather manic like he would consume alot of diet coke all day. 


Aspertame, the sweetner in Diet coke is likned to blindness.  Which is pretty scary because many Americans drink alot of diet coke.  I myself have gone through periods where I drink alot and now I try to limit myself to a few a week but there were times where I drank several a day. 


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:39PM #2
mountain_man
Posts: 38,780

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:34PM, Erey wrote:

Glen Beck as you might know has had some serious health problems of late.  In short he is having problems with blindness macular degeneration - serious stuff.



He'll just be blind in more ways than one.


Supposidly although he eschews coffee because of his Mormon faith he drinks copious amounts of diet coke.  Which I would believe he seems rather manic like he would consume alot of diet coke all day.



He's addicted to the caffeine which is not surprising since he's been addicted to alcohol and drugs. What does his Mormon religion say about recreational drugs?


Aspertame, the sweetner in Diet coke is likned to blindness....



That's a hoax. There is no scientific support for that claim.


 


 





Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:48PM #3
Erey
Posts: 18,419

OK the article cites 4 different medical experts discussing  the dangers of aspertame.


Mountain Man, I can understand saying you don't support their findings or disagree with their conculsions  but to say "there is no basis" and that it "is a myth" seems a bit arrogant to me when they spell it out. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:49PM #4
Ironhold
Posts: 11,380

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:39PM, mountain_man wrote:


He's addicted to the caffeine which is not surprising since he's been addicted to alcohol and drugs. What does his Mormon religion say about recreational drugs?





They're outright banned.


As it is, if he is indeed drinking copious amounts of Coke all day, it's a wonder he hasn't been called to task for it already.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:58PM #5
Erey
Posts: 18,419

are the mormons against caffeine sodas as well?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 10:58PM #6
mountain_man
Posts: 38,780

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:48PM, Erey wrote:

OK the article cites 4 different medical experts discussing  the dangers of aspertame.



That's 4 out of millions of "medical experts." It's still a hoax. I'll listen to real doctors, not someone that claims to be an expert.


Mountain Man, I can understand saying you don't support their findings or disagree with their conculsions  but to say "there is no basis" and that it "is a myth" seems a bit arrogant to me when they spell it out.



Sticking with reality is never arrogant. Find an article in a peer reviewed medical journal and then we can talk about it.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 11:00PM #7
mountain_man
Posts: 38,780

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:49PM, Ironhold wrote:

They're outright banned.


As it is, if he is indeed drinking copious amounts of Coke all day, it's a wonder he hasn't been called to task for it already.



I've known several devout Mormons that where addicted to various sodas; all containing caffeine.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 11:08PM #8
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:58PM, Erey wrote:


are the mormons against caffeine sodas as well?




(Excerpt)Drinking Soda (cola)
by W. John Walsh

While it is not a technical violation of the Word of Wisdom, Latter-day Saints are encouraged by Church leaders to avoid caffeinated drinks.  It is believed that caffeine in large quantities, such as found in caffeinated soft drinks, is not good for the body and therefore violates the spirit of the Word of Wisdom.  While many Latter-day Saints drink decaffeinated cola drinks, some people have suggested that we should avoid the empty calories of those beverages in favor of something more nutritious.  It is well established that many people are overweight and yet also do not receive enough nutrition in their diets.   The popularity of cola beverages has been linked to both problems in recent studies (See CNN Report on 2/15/01)  Counsel from Church leaders on this subject is as follows:Light Planet)


 


Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.(Link)


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 11:16PM #9
mountain_man
Posts: 38,780

Oct 10, 2010 -- 11:08PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.



More hoax. It's been found safe by over 90 countries, many of which have stricter standards than the USA. Numerous studies have found that consumption of Aspartame is safe at current levels.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2010 - 11:27PM #10
jane2
Posts: 14,295

Oct 10, 2010 -- 10:34PM, Erey wrote:


I thought this group would enjoy this discussion. 


www.infowars.com/warning-to-glenn-beck-d...


Glen Beck as you might know has had some serious health problems of late.  In short he is having problems with blindness macular degeneration - serious stuff. 


Supposidly although he eschews coffee because of his Mormon faith he drinks copious amounts of diet coke.  Which I would believe he seems rather manic like he would consume alot of diet coke all day. 


Aspertame, the sweetner in Diet coke is likned to blindness.  Which is pretty scary because many Americans drink alot of diet coke.  I myself have gone through periods where I drink alot and now I try to limit myself to a few a week but there were times where I drank several a day. 


 


 




Glen Beck seems to have a problem with moderation which leads to other problems.


I drink diet lemon-lime sweetened with Splenda--a supermarket brand, but one two-litre bottle lasts a week.


Over indulgence in many things is not a good idea.



discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook