Post Reply
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Parents suing school over teen suicides
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:24PM #41
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:21PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:03PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


 

Good job demonstrating. 


 


all



Yes, you did indeed do a very good job demonstrating that bullies never stop, again!


See, you call me a bully for pointing out that you are one. You can't face someone saying about your indifference the same thing you say about the victims of bullies. You can't face that you employ, in attacking the dead, the same tactics as the bullies used on those victims while they were alive to feel the pain. 


When you say you're giving "credit where credit is due", to kids that killed themselves, because they made that choice. (Regardless of the reason) you example the personality of a sociopath. 


You credit the suicide as a choice employed by even that one little girl, later buried in her pink prom dress, who tied a rope around her neck, then tied the other end of the rope to her bed post and then threw herself out her bedroom window.


 You are a discredit, as a living tragedy by choice.




 


 


And, by your own reasoning, you are the reason why people take that choice.  All weepy hearts and flowers, looking for anyone to blame but the people that the blame rests on. 


 


As long as you paint the picture that the choice is reasonable, impressionable people will use it. 


 


all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:26PM #42
Guessses
Posts: 2,233

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:21PM, Weepingangelofthetrees wrote:


Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:03PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


 

Good job demonstrating. 


 


all



Yes, you did indeed do a very good job demonstrating that bullies never stop, again!


See, you call me a bully for pointing out that you are one. You can't face someone saying about your indifference the same thing you say about the victims of bullies. You can't face that you employ, in attacking the dead, the same tactics as the bullies used on those victims while they were alive to feel the pain. 


When you say you're giving "credit where credit is due", to kids that killed themselves, because they made that choice. (Regardless of the reason) you example the personality of a sociopath. 


You credit the suicide as a choice employed by even that one little girl, later buried in her pink prom dress, who tied a rope around her neck, then tied the other end of the rope to her bed post and then threw herself out her bedroom window.


 You are a discredit, as a living tragedy by choice.




However, he reflects the majority on this issue. Which is another reason it's hard to combat. The stigma associated is the the depressed are in the wrong, they don't have that "joy joy" way of being so who ta fuck cares! grrr! 

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:28PM #43
appy20
Posts: 10,165

IN some cases, it is like someone who is holding on to a ledge by their fingertips and someone else comes along and hits the grasping fingers with a hammer. It is true, that it is the victim's fault for letting go of the ledge but it is also true that if not hit by the hammer, he might have pulled himself up.  With the blow from the hammer, we will never know if the one clinging to the ledge could have survived.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:28PM #44
Guessses
Posts: 2,233

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:24PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


And, by your own reasoning, you are the reason why people take that choice.  All weepy hearts and flowers, looking for anyone to blame but the people that the blame rests on. 


 


As long as you paint the picture that the choice is reasonable, impressionable people will use it. 


 


all




I'm a "lifer-Dog" Military Veteran (4th Generation), is that what you think about me, or the Admiral I mentioned earlier? LOL


Alrighty then.

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:29PM #45
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:23PM, Ebon wrote:


No, wrong way around. It's pretty likely that some or all of these kids were suffering from depression. When you have depression, you don't choose to kill yourself. Killing yourself is inevitable, it's as normal and everyday as life itself. You choose not to kill yourself and you have to do that all the time, every day. You have to fight like hell not to kill yourself every day.



 


Yes.  You fight like hell not to kill yourself every day.  Every hour.  Every minute. 


You do not make excuses about why it is ok. 


You do not look for the easy way out. 


You fight. 


To make excuses, is to not fight.  To look at the easy way. 


If you have depression, you don't get to. 


 


Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:23PM, Ebon wrote:


Cry for them now, but they took the easy way out.  



Yeah, maybe they did. Can you blame them? When life is pain, you look for ways to end that pain.




 


Blame who?  Someone else?  No.  They did it, it's over for them.  Don't blame them, but don't look for other people to blame.  It's not someone else's fault. 


 


all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:30PM #46
Guessses
Posts: 2,233

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:28PM, appy20 wrote:


IN some cases, it is like someone who is holding on to a ledge by their fingertips and someone else comes along and hits the grasping fingers with a hammer. It is true, that it is the victim's fault for letting go of the ledge but it is also true that if not hit by the hammer, he might have pulled himself up.  With the blow from the hammer, we will never know if the one clinging to the ledge could have survived.




Good Analogy, Appy!

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:32PM #47
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:28PM, appy20 wrote:


IN some cases, it is like someone who is holding on to a ledge by their fingertips and someone else comes along and hits the grasping fingers with a hammer. It is true, that it is the victim's fault for letting go of the ledge but it is also true that if not hit by the hammer, he might have pulled himself up.  With the blow from the hammer, we will never know if the one clinging to the ledge could have survived.




 


Are you really comparing talk to trying to hold on to a ledge, while you're being hit by a hammer? 


 


all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:35PM #48
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Posts: 11,634

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:28PM, Guessses wrote:


I'm a "lifer-Dog" Military Veteran (4th Generation), is that what you think about me, or the Admiral I mentioned earlier? LOL


Alrighty then.




 


I don't know you, and I don't pretend to know you. 


 


I was responding to WA.


 


all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:37PM #49
Weepingangelofthetrees
Posts: 2,053

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:28PM, appy20 wrote:


IN some cases, it is like someone who is holding on to a ledge by their fingertips and someone else comes along and hits the grasping fingers with a hammer. It is true, that it is the victim's fault for letting go of the ledge but it is also true that if not hit by the hammer, he might have pulled himself up.  With the blow from the hammer, we will never know if the one clinging to the ledge could have survived.




I would think it was mostly the responsibility of the one with the hammer smashing the desperately grasping fingers, instead of arriving on scene with no hammer at all, but help to pull the person clinging to live, up to safety.


How do you blame someone who's fingers aren't strong enough to withstand the repeated strikes of a hammer, wielded with the great strength of malice? They're only thin bones after all. And no match for the impact of a steel hammer head weilded by someone who thinks to strike, instead of help.


I wonder how the bullies live with the kills, to their credit? Sure, they didn't wrap the rope around a neck, of push a jumper from a bridge, etc... But since it's metaphorical now, they did commit to the depraved actions and antisocial behaviors that contributed to self-murder.


I wonder how do they live with it, now that their victim is no longer there to amuse them, as a living target of their assault.


 


"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 4:37PM #50
Guessses
Posts: 2,233

Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:22PM, allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


Oct 8, 2010 -- 4:14PM, Guessses wrote:


Hi All,


As one who faces the incredible darkness everyday, I only pray that you never have too.


Peace,




 


I do. 


 


If I thought it was the right way, I'd probably take it. 


 


If I thought it was the answer, I'd probably use it. 


 


There is a reason that I don't agree with it. 


 


all




Neither did I, neither did I.


Peace,

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook