Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:06PM #2
Guessses

SAD! Teen years are tough enough.

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:19PM #3
mytmouse57

That's true, Guesses. Kids tend to be brutally conformist pack animals. That in and of itself might be inevitable and intractible.

However, I would agree that schools should do more to control it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:26PM #4
Guessses

Oct 8, 2010 -- 1:19PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

That's true, Guesses. Kids tend to be brutally conformist pack animals. That in and of itself might be inevitable and intractible.

However, I would agree that schools should do more to control it.

I quite agree!

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:39PM #5
Weepingangelofthetrees
The parents should sue the kids that bullied their child(ren) and their parents, as well as the school district that failed to protect the child from the terror suffered by this poor girl. Make bad parenting and pathetic bullies pay now. Because when they're old enough to pay later, they'll find Prison houses far more practiced bullies than themselves.

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
Stephen Colbert
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:47PM #6
Christianlib

"Lord of the Flies" is alive, and well, and living in American schools.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 1:56PM #7
Guessses

How I handled bullies. Always being "the new kid in town" I met quite a feel, Learn a lot of humor to offset their Idiocy (it's hard to fight if you are laughing too hard), get "tough" - (that did not work for me) or run like hell. Fortunately, the "upside", I never saw the same bullies for more than a year or two - tops! 

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 2:03PM #8
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Sue?  Seriously? 

Bullying, and suicide are big problems, yes, but where is the personal accountability? 

Do we always have to blame other people?  Is not the fault our own?

all

Yesterday, in America, 100 million gun owners did nothing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 2:11PM #9
Guessses

Fortunately for me, my parents encouraged self-esteem. Which, was of course tough for I was neither an "A-student", talented or a Jock. I had the same position in every sport I tried- "Bench"!

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 08, 2010 - 2:15PM #10
Girlchristian

Oct 8, 2010 -- 1:56PM, Guessses wrote:

How I handled bullies. Always being "the new kid in town" I met quite a feel, Learn a lot of humor to offset their Idiocy (it's hard to fight if you are laughing too hard), get "tough" - (that did not work for me) or run like hell. Fortunately, the "upside", I never saw the same bullies for more than a year or two - tops! 

We moved every three years so I confronted my fair share of bullies (and as the oldest child, confronted my sister and brother's bullies as well). I always tried to hide my reaction to what they were doing so they wouldn't think they were getting to me, unless there was physical bullying involved and then I fought back.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook