Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Imagine Having $54 Billion!
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 4:39PM #11
mytmouse57

I wouldn't even know what to do with $54,000.... Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 5:09PM #12
Cesmom

I can't fault anyone for being that rich, especially if they are being charitable about it.

Let's face it, folks, Bill Gates is a brilliant guy.  He didn't make his money overnight.  He worked long hours and took plenty of risks that a lot of us would never dream of in order to get to where he's at today.  All successful entrepreneurs do.  I don't know why we start hating them when they become oober successful. 

If I had 54 billion, I'd give 53 billion to charity, then I'd enjoy a wonderfully luxurious lifestyle with the rest!

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 5:18PM #13
Guessses

I'd probably get better transportation and move a bit away from the city but still wouldn't buy furniture! LOL

Infinite Blessings
Mike/NAFOD
"Lord, please, protect me from Your followers!"
"WWBD? Buddha- Does it matter? If you are enlightened it does not. If you are not enlightened it still doesn't matter."
"If you go looking to place blame, eventually you'll wind up blaming the Gods"
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 5:21PM #14
appy20

Bill Gates' father has always criticized any who complain about taxes.  He writes in his book that it is unpatriotic to not want to pay taxes because one reason one is able to acquire so much wealth is that you live in the United States.  I agree with that. I have never complained about taxes.  I figure you have to pay for things to keep this nation going.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 6:32PM #15
mainecaptain

Yes Appy. Thank you for that post

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 6:38PM #16
mytmouse57

People who complain about taxes can quit driving on public roads, asking for police, fire or emergency services, protection by the military, sending their children to public schools, or benefiting from the knowledge and skills of others who were educated at public schools.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2010 - 11:08PM #17
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook